The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes Network Rail video recording unit.

Now I look at it, that would also account for the plated over windows.

The local versions of the Cl 153look like this:

2020_05_06_Kaiserstuhl_loop_plus_Gammertingen_Railways_04.JPG

They are known as the class 350 and were specifically built for the smaller local companies in Germany. These are owned by the SWEG or Südwesteisenbahngruppe and are in the old colours of the 'Breisgau S-Bahn'. The network has been expanded and electrified and now generally has these units instead:

2020_07_12_Neuf-Brisach_38.JPG

Curiously operated by DB on a private network, while SWEG runs local services on the DB main line...

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Apologies for the photo 📸 quality, I was rushing to get off my train at Clifton Down station in Bristol this evening when I heard the low rumble of a Class 66 !
I've used the Severn Beach Line for many years but never before have I seen a diesel engine run along it, as 66848 did this evening.
Probably heading to the sidings at Avonmouth Docks, but usually anything heading to Avonmouth comes from thd other direction ( thru Hallen ).

IMG_20231029_182821.jpg

Last edited:
2023_11_06_HBH_Linesiding_01.jpg

SBB Hauled intermodel train running through Herbolzheim earlier today.

2023_11_06_Linesiding_03.jpg

Siemens Desiro on a service to Karlsruhe.

Unfortunately at this point the line between Emmendingen and Freiburg was closed due to a "Medical Emergency". Passengers going beyond Emmendingen were told to take the bus to the next station and catch a train from there. This is sadly a common problem because there's a large psychiatric institution to the south of Emmendingen and occasionally someone from there jumps in front of a train. When we got off in Emmendingen the other platforms were full of a local train and a container train waiting for the line to clear.

Mike_P

Guru
If only all rail replacements were as good

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFgsUVF82OE

Wikipedia, inevitably.

Anything the same blue as GB is the same gauge.

When I saw some were going to Nigeria, I had a look at Open Railway Map. According to that (there's an option on the left to show track gauge) Nigeria has a mix of cape gauge and standard systems, the Capital is served by standard gauge but the map isn't clear where the line goes or connects with the cape gauge lines.

Of course it's not impossible to hoik the bodies up and shove 3'6" bogies underneath. Thailand used Cape gauge Cl. 158's after all; they were built that way rather than converted, but it shows it's feasible.

Top Bottom