The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Why could they not be used on tpe route?!šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”
This is the service to Scarborough, via Mexico City and Lagos?

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Another picture in my irregular series of Belgian trains... šŸ‘

Mechelen to Brussel-Zuid this afternoon.

IMG_20231115_153006.jpg

View attachment 706564

Followed by this electric multiple unit that was heading to Gloucester, hadn't seen one of these before, it carried the no. 756104.

Anyone have any info on these...?

Here's our local version in Karlsruhe on Sunday:

2023_11_19_Karlsruhe_01.jpg

They run a number of services from Stuttgart to various small cities in Baden WĆ¼rttemberg; ironically, yellow and black are the colours of Baden-WĆ¼rttemberg and someone decided to use the yellow on the front.

It's also interesting that the train is bigger, possibly in all directions, but the floor is lower.

Other regions have different colour schemes. This was near Essen a couple of years ago with a different door configuration for urban commuting trains:

D_AB_3249_01.jpg

Those units have seats in lots of different colours with logos depicting local landmarks from the Rhineland.

D_AB_3249_06.jpg

ANother more local version in Mannheim: this is also in Baden-WĆ¼rttemberg but is bordered on one side by Rhineland Pfalz and on the other by Hessen. so the trains are funded by several states, hence the collection of logos on the side:

D_RB_3249_01.jpg

I know itā€™s on the ā€™Mailā€™ website, but this is ridiculous!
I wonder if it will be become the subject of a ā€˜compulsory demolitionā€™, or whatever the official phrase is?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ld-home-extnsion-blocking-railway-tunnel.html

robjh

Legendary Member
The new Cambridge South station is rapidly becoming a reality on the ground. These photos today show the outline of the platforms, and the two new tracks between the western-side platforms are now in place, though not connected with the running lines at each end.

View attachment 714535

View attachment 714536

Update as of today: the catenary has been installed on the new lines and dismantled on the old. Looks like the next step is to use the new, western side tracks for through running while the existing, eastern side ones are realigned to make room for an island platform. Cambridge main station is closed to trains until the new year.

robjh

Legendary Member
I seem to remember not long ago finding a train tracking website for the UK that would, among other things, show and allow you to search by the locomotive/unit number, eg. for my local line I could see that the train is a class 720, and I could search for individual unit numbers such as
720 002. However, I can't find any link to it now, nor find it on a google search.

Anyone know of such a site, or have I mis-remembered what I saw?

I'm off to Liverpool next week to see the remaining 507s on the Merseyrail 3rd-rail electric system, and think there might still be a very few 508s around, so I would particularly like to track these down if I can.

Top Bottom