The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
[QUOTE 2452812, member: 45"]I'm hoping to be at the NRM on Wednesday afternoon if any of you anoraks want to dribble with me...[/quote]

Sadly, I'll be emptying bins on the other side of the river, but I'll wave in your direction!

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
[QUOTE 2452812, member: 45"]I'm hoping to be at the NRM on Wednesday afternoon if any of you anoraks want to dribble with me...[/quote]

Do you know, they have had to instal a full drainage system round The Flying Moneypit.... I mean Scotsman due to all the veg who dribble over it?
I wouldn't dribble over anything though, I passed that stage about 15 years ago.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I had OO models, still do in fact, but recently I bought my first ever N Gauge models, a German class 181 and '184 (a fantastic old Quad voltage type), along with several coaches.

I can only run them at my model railway club, but hey, its better than nothing.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 2452812, member: 45"]I'm hoping to be at the NRM on Wednesday afternoon if any of you anoraks want to dribble with me...[/quote]Let us know if the loco is still pushing, as opposed to pulling the coaches round on the display.

classic33

Leg End Member
That's the one!
I know! why do you think I put it there.

I'll head out to see/photograph locomotives of interest, when I know about them.

The 'Scarborough Spa Express' passes through my local station (& picks-up/drops-off there), so I took the child on it last year to York.
What a delight it is, to get up to main-line speeds behind steam^_^
http://www.westcoastrailways.co.uk/sse/dates.html

The 'Scarborough Flyer' also passes through, but doesn't stop
http://www.railwaytouring.net/uk-day-trips/scarborough-flyer

That said, a couple of weeks ago, 'Alycidon' came through on a tour, now that was a nice sound^_^

Railways. BR. 45407. 13.JPG Railways. BR. D9009. Alycidon. 3.JPG

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Burn him!

A lot of people do not like foreign things, even Northern Irish trains send them into a spin, which is so utterly pathetic to me!
I like to see how different countries have gone about solving the same problems regarding traction, and Germany was/still is one of the more interesting examples.

I also like Austrian, Swiss, Italian and Polish trains (purely because that's where I've been mainly).

Top Bottom