The realisation you're getting old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smudge

Veteran
I was in a supermarket today and picked up a fish pie, as often happens i didn't have my reading glasses on me, so couldn't read what fish was in it. So i saw a young assistant and asked him to read it for me.
When i got home i realised he couldn't even read it right himself... Useless twunt.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Had to take a vehicle to the local garage today to get an overheating problem checked out. Walking( or struggling) to get up the hill to my house a police car stopped and driver asked if I wanted a lift home. Later was contemplating my folded trike and considering the best way to get it into my car when a youngish woman passing asked if I needed assistance. This is getting increasingly common.

A friend of my Gran's once drove to town to do some shopping, then walked all the way home and wondered where her car was.

Don't panic though, when I was about 10 I had a habit of taking the wrapper off a kitkat, holding on to the wrapper whilst throwing the kitkat in the bin. So it might not be an age thing
I did exactly the same , i parked on the supermarket car park got a few things from the town then walked home.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
i have a 'Moon' rear light. Or should i say had, not have. The thing is it hasn't worked for about two years now ( i gave up night time cycling,due to me now snapping rather than bouncing when hitting the tarmac,so it wasn't needed) since i lost its USB cable. I found the cable yesterday,but when looking for the rear light that's been sat on a shelf for two years i couldn't find it. :dry:

Dave7

Legendary Member
i have a 'Moon' rear light. Or should i say had, not have. The thing is it hasn't worked for about two years now ( i gave up night time cycling,due to me now snapping rather than bouncing when hitting the tarmac,so it wasn't needed) since i lost its USB cable. I found the cable yesterday,but when looking for the rear light that's been sat on a shelf for two years i couldn't find it. :dry:
It will be next to your passport silly ^_^

Top Bottom