The realisation you're getting old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
antiques.jpg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
eb447c16e865e94d94671817d34b2e9e.png

Alex321

Veteran
That doesn't surprise me, it's the trendy, "media" part of the city. Big on coffee culture, including a big new Coffi Co, which are taking over the city. I cycle along Cathedral Road a couple of times most weeks.
I came that way the first couple of times I commuted in, before deciding there was just too much traffic, particularly on my way home.

Nowadays, I come in via St Fagans - Fairwater - Cowbridge Road East/Landsowne road (heading for the Bay, from the Vale)

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
You know you're getting old when you fall off your bike and passers-by rush to help instead of pointing and laughing.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I may have posted this before, but can't be *rsed to search, so here goes:

In the old firm I worked for, our secretary was a huge Eastenders fan and was upset when Wendy Richards died. I casually mentioned she was Miss Brahms in AYBS to which the answer was, what's that?.....:ohmy:. She only knew her from Eastenders. And AYBS went on for about 13 years.....

Recently, to unwind from the day's work at the laptop, I like to slob out and watch 1980's action fluff like Airwolf on the horror channel. Suddenly felt old as I distinctly recall watching the pilot story back in 1983 and the main cast are all dead now ( Alex Cord aka 'Archangel' died recently in 2021). Even the chopper has gone (a modified Bell 222). It was sold to Germany where it was used as a rescue helicopter but sadly crashed in 1992 killing the crew:sad:. Don't the 80's seem a long way off now?. 4:3 telly ratio, no HD, etc. As for the 70's....I think I'd need Indy Jones to dig that up:okay:.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Even the chopper has gone (a modified Bell 222).
Totally OTT but when I was apple-picking in New Zealand many moons ago, my companion was a one-time possum-trapper, deer-culler, dope-grower and all round backwoods boy, who said all the traffic in his lines of work was carried into the South Island fjordlands by helicopter, one of which was an ex-LAPD beastie whose current owner had retained the original paintwork, lights, you name it. Dave said it was quite a sight, swooping over the forests in its black & white glory, with flashing lights for special occasions.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Totally OTT but when I was apple-picking in New Zealand many moons ago, my companion was a one-time possum-trapper, deer-culler, dope-grower and all round backwoods boy, who said all the traffic in his lines of work was carried into the South Island fjordlands by helicopter, one of which was an ex-LAPD beastie whose current owner had retained the original paintwork, lights, you name it. Dave said it was quite a sight, swooping over the forests in its black & white glory, with flashing lights for special occasions.
Imagine having a ski accident in the Alps and Airwolf (aka 'The Lady') turns up:okay:. Although I imagine that some additional bodywork mods done to it were just for the TV series, may have been removed.

Top Bottom