The realisation you're getting old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Pretending you don’t understand something because you are old. Not because you don’t understand the technology. Just because you can’t be bothered with that particular application. An example is those McDs touch screens. Sod that I’ll walk to the front and order my burger and let the assistant do the work.

You only get away with it, because they think you are old and genuinely can’t work the screens.
That happens to me with the self service tills in Lidl in Oban as there is often no manned checkout. After freezing the system somebody always appears quickly to do it all for me.😄

That happens to me with the self service tills in Lidl in Oban as there is often no manned checkout. After freezing the system somebody always appears quickly to do it all for me.😄
We have a cafe we go to that has ordering via their app which was introduced as a Covid precaution. I can do it fine, but it really is such a fuss scrolling through the menu ordering for four of us, unless we want the same things every time, that it is much quicker to tell them my phone is too old for the app and order via staff.

They are not going to turn away sales because people don't have the app.

Ridiculous. I rarely bother taking my phone with me. Afraid I’m not welded to it like many these days.
I always do when out on the bike. Has come in handy twice to get my wife to collect me from A&E. :sad:

Alex321

Veteran
Ridiculous. I rarely bother taking my phone with me. Afraid I’m not welded to it like many these days.
I'd never dream of going more than a few hundred yards on the bike without my phone. Always useful for emergencies, either for contacting somebody, or paying for something.

I've rarely had to use it, but if I didn't take it, you can guarantee that would be the time it would be needed.

Top Bottom