The realisation you're getting old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

presta

Guru
Ridiculous. I rarely bother taking my phone with me. Afraid I’m not welded to it like many these days.
Mine used to live in the cupboard except when I went on holiday, then I went down with heart trouble and started carrying it in case I needed an ambulance. Now I carry it just because I've become addicted to the time reminder.....

bagpuss

Guru
Is Fanny Craddock presenting whats cooking ?

On Cycling.
I now have two bikes without drop bars and love riding them .

I have finally broken in my leather saddles .

You think these are oxygen tanks to carry on long rides .

1643618511003.png

Speicher

Vice Admiral
@SpokeyDokey

Perhaps I phrased that badly. What I meant was that I am now of the age, that by the time complications with Covid have eased, I will be too old to take on any long distance adventures. Fortunately I have travelled a lot abroad, I have plenty of places close to home to visit. For instance, Iceland (again), Denmark, most of Scotland and the Scilly Isles, and of-course the Lake District.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Your daughter rings to check you're okay after a day on the bike.

bagpuss

Guru
A group of cyclists pass and you manage to catch the back markers . They say to you , are going to do a turn . You think to your self : do I really look that bad:heat:

I have had the same with my name.

Jon often, once Jhon, rarely John.
Now I'm the other way.

I am Jon but never, ever get Jon.

It's always John unless I specify.

Plus my surname is quite unusual in that it has a C in that no-one ever realises, which is due to there being a much more usually spelt version that doesn't have it in.

Oh! we've had some right spelling concoctions over the years.

Top Bottom