the recovery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
This SO takes me back.... bad nights, pain, frustration, impatience, boredom, tiredness like you hadn't slept in weeks and weeks etc.
BUT, it does get better, honest....
I confess I did a few stupid things and set back my recovery - insisting on walking to the shops (about 3/4 of a mile), in the rain, on crutches was probably the most daft. Got into the market square in our village and, being the wrong side of knackered, the crutches slipped on wet cobbles and plop, that was me on the floor AGAIN.
Was rescued by a couple of little old ladies who honestly looked too fail to still be breathing.....
I reckon that was the low point - actually, no, the low point was the look on my husband's face --- as realisation finally dawned on him that the girl he'd married was exceptionally stupid as well as stubborn and pig headed!!!!
Keep your chin up & don't do anything daft.
You'll be zipping up them thar hills again soon.

thank for that
i have just roused my self from semi slumber depression slothisam. as my lad is home at 3:40 so that will be a big event yaaay

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Get busy planning something ... whether its a trip or an upgrade to the bike or your summer holidays ...

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
been working on that, i think i have been overdoing it with my lad :rolleyes:
the plan, swap the baccetta for a trike, for my lad to ride on the big trip, he will pull the dog trailer and cooking/camping gear split 50/50 i will be pulling slightly less than normal :shy:, if i start having problems he can take a bit extra :angel:.
i have cut back on my normal 50 to 60 mile distance now 40 to 50 miles with a possible rest day ever forth day but if i feel ok we can do extra bits to use up the extra days.
experiments will have to be done with the dogs for how far they will trot and at what speed and intervals of rest, the best sleeping arraignments for the dogs :cold:, i am thinking trike top to tail with a cover over them the dogs in the centre.

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
the seen a dank middle age vermin infested street, a man following a hand cart pushed by several rag covered old crowns (please note one is not called Dennis) he is hitting a rood bell and shouting bring out your dead.
a man walks in to the street carrying a cyclist over one shoulder, "here you are, got one for you"<in a week and feeble voice> the cyclist mumbles "i am feeling better i think i will go for a little peddle" the man from the corner of his mouth says shut up you old git your not fooling any one "i feel happy, i wont a bite of flapjack"
the man with bell "ear he aint dead i cant take him!"
"go on duse us a favourer, he just flopped down in't road in't frunt er mi" <feeble cyclist>" i will just have a spin up to Scarborough"
the two men look at each other meaning fully, there is a unspoken conversation, look i know he int dead and i know you know i know but its just a cyclist.
ho alight then just this once mind, he raps the cyclist on the the helmet several times to screams of, oooow givover, stop it, that uuuurt, he then stops hitting the cyclist in the groin and hits him on the head, throws him on to the cart and carry s on.

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
come and get your pain killers here there lovellllly, only sucked for a short time, look you can still see the writing on them.
also one large bag off de shelled walnuts, i have been cracking them betwixt my athletic butt cheeks as a keep fit exercise, had a go with Brazil nuts but the can be a unfortunate trajectory problem so i lost some but if you hang on for a day or so i should get them back.

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
the time is nigh, <to the tune of the wizard of oz> wear of to see the physiotherapist of Rotherham the wonderful physiotherapist of Rotherham because because because becauseeeee of the wonderful things they doooo, there going to be bending bits and stretching thing about with growing shouts for Mersey pleeeeeeeeeeease i beg you stop whimper.
i will update when i return, with all that bending and stretching i might get the nuts back early.

trickletreat

Veteran
the time is nigh, <to the tune of the wizard of oz> wear of to see the physiotherapist of Rotherham the wonderful physiotherapist of Rotherham because because because becauseeeee of the wonderful things they doooo, there going to be bending bits and stretching thing about with growing shouts for Mersey pleeeeeeeeeeease i beg you stop whimper.
i will update when i return, with all that bending and stretching i might get the nuts back early.

Hope it went well chap, and that no physio's suffered as a result of reappearing Brazils.

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
prettingggggggg zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz just call me rick ho shay!
despite her best efforts and repeated attempts my leg is not detectable and stubbornly remains in place. totally nakerd from the half mile walk from one end of the hospital to the other, i will be having a half hour of hydro therapy once a week starting in four weeks time :eek: they are obviously rely pushing me.

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
lPzNGT6oI5GhWUb.jpg

yes i might be getting cabin fever but do you think plod will pull me if i ride this around town?

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
i am back for seeing the quack, i am ok for some light peddling I AM BACK ON THE TRIKE! subject to limitations, addendum, fer-use polity and the risk of Brazil nut re-emergence.
so back to the bliss of recumbentisom.

Top Bottom