the recovery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
19 days,i have now see the xray and the brake goes through the thickest part of the bone two bolts are in from my thy up through the bone into the ball at the end. i am 90% peddling with the good leg and only relaxing the bad one, i did not take any pain killers to day so i would not over do it, the hip just feels a bit odd not hurting just odd. the doctor says it will help it heel if used, but not allowed to put my full weight on it so the trike is the perfect thing and no chance i will fall off it :whistle:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
That sound like a great advance - so
thumbsup.png
and
thebiggrin.gif
for that.

I have learned - to my cost - that, if I get impatient and try to 'speed up' the healing process
Laie_76A.gif
- it takes longer in the end
ohmy.gif

Please, please - take it s-l-o-w-l-y until recovery is completely complete
av.gif

... then go as fast as you can
icon_twisted.gif

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Glad you've been allowed back on. I've been told no cycling other than turbo use for 6 weeks - got to let the bones in my shoulder heal (had them shaved in a decompression op this week).

n-ick

Our mutual friend, the Slime- ator let me know what had happened only last night.
Wishing you a speedy recovery, keep away from anything that has less than 3 wheels.
n-ick.

plantfit

Guru
Thats good news Mark,back where you belong, on a trike, it seems your physio agrees with mine about riding a recumbent, had my pot leg off a couple of weeks ago, told the physio about my recumbent and he says "Go for it" it appears to be speeding the healing process up, plenty of leg exercise without too much pressure on the leg, just take it steady for a while mate

Cheers

Roger

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
Thats good news Mark,back where you belong, on a trike, it seems your physio agrees with mine about riding a recumbent, had my pot leg off a couple of weeks ago, told the physio about my recumbent and he says "Go for it" it appears to be speeding the healing process up, plenty of leg exercise without too much pressure on the leg, just take it steady for a while mate

Cheers

Roger

did not go out today just sat and back peddled with rag on chain for 20 mins just to get the hip moving :tired: it seemed to ease it, i will have a bimble tomorrow if the weather is a bit better.:rain:

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
Our mutual friend, the Slime- ator let me know what had happened only last night.
Wishing you a speedy recovery, keep away from anything that has less than 3 wheels.
n-ick.

i need a bubble-wrap suit and a Viking helmet and one of those walker frame thing toddlers have :cycle:

RuntRecumbent.jpg

my new ride

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
just back from a 17mile ride 763ft off clime, at a rip snorting average of 8.1 mph. :rolleyes:on one hill i was down to 0.9mph but did the entire ride non stop. :eek: the only issue i had was keeping my knee in line with my ankle my leg was flopping out to the left and my brand new wireless computer (the sender bit that fastens to your fork/steering arm linkage in my case, the battery cover came off and the 12v battery fell out :cry:)

Well done, sounds like you are healing well, you have to love recumbent trikes, I got into trikes after a total knee joint reconstruction and the trike riding got me walking again far beyond the levels that the physio's ever thought possible.

3tyretrackterry

well done you
have you got fairing on or off
mine is ticking along nicely just waiting on a couple of parts then the mounting kit will be built then i just need to get the plastic sheet and try to get it formed
Ian

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
well done you
have you got fairing on or off
mine is ticking along nicely just waiting on a couple of parts then the mounting kit will be built then i just need to get the plastic sheet and try to get it formed
Ian
yes i did have the screen on, the 30+mph dissents and even the 25 ish mph runs are Definitely more civilised, very planted less noise, the faster you go the less wind hits your face, i had next to no breeze on my chest and my legs.

i would have a go with draping the sheet over some kind of former with cloth draped over that and hot/ boiling water, i had a go with the sort of plastic i think you are using for making a hand guard, with a heat gun it was imposable to do without scorching the plastic as it is clear it shows any tiny imperfections,:angry: the edging for the screen is redly available at any motorbike shop.
i am all hipper the, s u s p e n s e, will it work oooooooooow
also the top support can have a bungee going over the screen to help keep it in shape while heat treating it, you probably worked all that out any way but i am sat here with my brain clanging away :wacko:

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
Well done, sounds like you are healing well, you have to love recumbent trikes, I got into trikes after a total knee joint reconstruction and the trike riding got me walking again far beyond the levels that the physio's ever thought possible.

can not beet a trike, i went from not being able to walk up the road to the shop with bad lungs, hart and back to being able to do 100miles fully loaded with camping gear in a day(before i did my have a not stand-up very quickly in the road trick), i still can not walk far but will happily sit peddling the trike all day. :cycle: i still get nits that laugh and pint (tends to be fat women odd that)

Top Bottom