the recovery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
I grovelled around an 18 mile loop yesterday. Very slowly, but I did it, and without coughing and hawking all the way! Half way through the antibiotics and definitely feeling more my usual self. Now to persecute the SBGG with my old vigour....

Where did I put the Purdeys???

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I thought there was only one Purdey. The other two are called Gambit and Steed.

tumblr_o5ix06u7RU1qz7fwgo1_1280.jpg

byegad

Legendary Member
One purchases them in pairs from a little establishment called James Purdey and Sons who've been supplying us Aristo's with weaponry since 1814.

Purdey in the Avengers was named after them, so as to sound classy to the great unwashed.

byegad

Legendary Member
One's gamekeeper loads one whilst one shoots both barrels of the other one at the peasants, sorry pheasants, no I was right the first time. Peasants!

Does them good to know they've been peppered by a quality weapon!

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Purdy's owned by people without land to shoot on, Hardy's owned by people who want to look like anglers. Both only owned by the middle classes who think they are the best because they believe the aristo's use them

byegad

Legendary Member
Joy of Joys!
After a 'routine annual check-up' of Asthma and Hypertension, I now have a 'regularly irregular heartbeat'*. More investigations to follow, with an ECG on Monday. Having got rid of a Streptococcal lung infection last month I'm now officially, 'Under the Doctor'** again!

*Whatever the dickens that is! Anyone with a clue please post or PM me!
**Lucky Doctor!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I now have a 'regularly irregular heartbeat'*.

*Whatever the dickens that is! Anyone with a clue please post or PM me!
It's a Buddy Holly thing ... from back in your day :scratch: - or maybe a bit after your days ... :whistle:

Top Bottom