The responsibilities of a taxi driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I'd be dissatisfied with that outcome, but I don't know what you can do about it.

400bhp

Guru
Had an email today.

The driver appeared before the Licensing Committee this morning and upon reviewal of all the evidence including witness statement and videos, they gave him a formal warning for his conduct.

I dont know if this means that he will still be taxiing people around or that I will see him again but hopefully that is the end of it.
This was pretty obvious, given your immediate post before the above to be honest.

classic33

Leg End Member
And my response was going to be....

IT DOES MATTER!

To the person hanging from a rope - not one jot!

To the 'perps', it does matter :smile: All about sentencing and mitigation :smile:
I'd say so. With a hanging, its the rope stopping you falling to the ground, that does the damage. Lynching, going on whats been given is relying on bodyweight alone to do the job. Could take a while.

classic33

Leg End Member
Had an email today.

The driver appeared before the Licensing Committee this morning and upon reviewal of all the evidence including witness statement and videos, they gave him a formal warning for his conduct.

I dont know if this means that he will still be taxiing people around or that I will see him again but hopefully that is the end of it.
He might just be a bit more careful around cyclists now. For a bit at least.
Back to his old ways next week.

Formal warnings are severe. At least he keeps a job, but is in trouble.

Good result.
But who delivered the formal warning, employer or council. If the council, it makes it harder to sweep under the carpet if he switches companies.

jarlrmai

Veteran
If that is the case then I would have wanted to be there, it's not fair if other evidence is getting used for you not to know about it.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Maybe they used the footage of you antagonising other road users to imply they were provoked on other (unseen) occasions.
Well I can categorically confirm that I have never seen this guy before. The first time was on NYE and then on NYD and the licensing officer that I met at the police station who was showing evidence against the driver had copy's of both incidents. I have never had any incident with him (or at least his car) before because his taxi is a white Vauxhall Astra Estate which is very memorable and distinguishable.

Also, my riding style in other incidents has nothing to do with what he did. How can he prove that they are related?

Top Bottom