The responsibilities of a taxi driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markharry66

Über Member
Good luck hope all goes well

benb

Evidence based cyclist
What is there to be nervous about? The only risk is that he is hiding behind a wall waiting for me to come out so that he can lynch me. :sad:

Good on you. I thought you might be a bit nervous about being asked questions about it in the meeting. Let us know how it goes.

What is there to be nervous about? The only risk is that he is hiding behind a wall waiting for me to come out so that he can lynch me. :sad:

This wouldn't happen. Lynching requires a mob and he's a lone individual. He would have to either strangle, choke or hang you instead.

On a serious note - I wouldn't worry about it. He's in enough trouble as it is without compounding things to a criminal matter.

classic33

Leg End Member
This wouldn't happen. Lynching requires a mob and he's a lone individual. He would have to either strangle, choke or hang you instead.

On a serious note - I wouldn't worry about it. He's in enough trouble as it is without compounding things to a criminal matter.
Whats the difference between a "lynching" and a "hanging"?
You end up, strung up with a rope around the neck either way.

subaqua

What’s the point
from the movies i thin they use a horse to pull the rope to lynch you. i think they use a bucket or crate and push that for a hangin.

matthew will be fine whatever.

I checked in case I was mistaken, but dictionary.com agrees that the definition of lynch involves a 'mob action'. :smile:

Either way, it was a tongue in cheek reply that was meant to be taken in good humour. Perhaps the humour element of the joke was missing.

Boris Bajic would have got it.

classic33

Leg End Member
I checked in case I was mistaken, but dictionary.com agrees that the definition of lynch involves a 'mob action'. :smile:

Either way, it was a tongue in cheek reply that was meant to be taken in good humour. Perhaps the humour element of the joke was missing.

Boris Bajic would have got it.
Not meant at having a go at you. Just curious, giving that both employ a rope around the neck to do the work, as to what the difference was.

Slaav

Veteran
Not meant at having a go at you. Just curious, giving that both employ a rope around the neck to do the work, as to what the difference was.

And my response was going to be....

IT DOES MATTER!

To the person hanging from a rope - not one jot!

To the 'perps', it does matter :smile: All about sentencing and mitigation :smile:

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Got a call from the guy who spoke to me today. Turns out that I am not needed at the meeting after all. I suspect it is because they have all the evidence. He said he would keep me updated about the outcome though.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Had an email today.

The driver appeared before the Licensing Committee this morning and upon reviewal of all the evidence including witness statement and videos, they gave him a formal warning for his conduct.

I dont know if this means that he will still be taxiing people around or that I will see him again but hopefully that is the end of it.

davefb

Guru
Had an email today.

The driver appeared before the Licensing Committee this morning and upon reviewal of all the evidence including witness statement and videos, they gave him a formal warning for his conduct.

I dont know if this means that he will still be taxiing people around or that I will see him again but hopefully that is the end of it.

"slap on hands, don't do it again".. I'd guess?

Top Bottom