The responsibilities of a taxi driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think my point is that given young Matthew's relatively high profile in the area and his very easy to find YT channel displaying quite varied forms of riding which could be described as falling into any number of categories including antagonistic and dangerous, then it would not be a huge leap to assume that the decision makers may well have viewed this footage too, and then taken it into account when coming to a judgement.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I think my point is that given young Matthew's relatively high profile in the area and his very easy to find YT channel displaying quite varied forms of riding which could be described as falling into any number of categories including antagonistic and dangerous, then it would not be a huge leap to assume that the decision makers may well have viewed this footage too, and then taken it into account when coming to a judgement.
Possibly. That might be why they only issued a warning and didnt take his license off him (which is what I was originally told would happen).

Maybe they used the footage of you antagonizing other road users to imply they were provoked on other (unseen) occasions.

You really have a "special" interest in Matthew don't you.
Just when things are looking to a conclusion you stir things up with "well maybe they did this" and " I heard they used footage". If I was Matthew I would be put a lock on my bin, if you don't Bimbling will be rummaging in your trash looking for evidence.
I mean are you seriously checking up on taxi tribunals to see what evidence is being used? No really, not creepy at all.

subaqua

What’s the point
You really have a "special" interest in Matthew don't you.
Just when things are looking to a conclusion you stir things up with "well maybe they did this" and " I heard they used footage". If I was Matthew I would be put a lock on my bin, if you don't Bimbling will be rummaging in your trash looking for evidence.
I mean are you seriously checking up on taxi tribunals to see what evidence is being used? No really, not creepy at all.
if he is from Rhyl that will be the entertainment highlight of the week.

to get an idea of what Rhyl is like roll all the worst bits of every single british seaside towns into one.

I hated working there, Cefndy road, on the prom , on the town centre "refurb" following the drainage upgrades in the early 90s, on the telephone exchange, a truly depressing town .

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I'm increasingly uncomfortable with the tendency of some posters here to have an, in my view, unwarranted pop at Matthew.
Why does he get singled out for special criticism, when other people post similar situations without anywhere near as many negative comments.

If there has been something we feel he could improve in his riding or the way he handled something, can't we point that out in a constructive way, rather than having a go at him all the time? It seems as though the slightest excuse for someone to criticise him is jumped upon.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Of course it is relevant to him if it speaks to your general attitude and behaviour toward other road users.
I can understand that but in his video/my video I am not aggressive at all. I dont say a single word to him and he is the one trying to goad me into retaliation. My riding style isnt defensive and I give him the chance to overtake at numerous places but he just stays behind me.

Top Bottom