The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Location
Cheshire
Hopefully, normal service will soon be resumed ...
Lots of paperwork has been (mainly) completed. Just one more certificate to get ..!
The Celebration of Irene's Life was yesterday in a mates pub and was quite lovely with family & friends from near and far.

Moving on slowly..👍

You are imo doing things the right way ie not rushing or expecting too much.
As I've said before, you are an individual so telling you my experience may be of little to no use.
It appears you have good family and friends, that will certainly help.
As with all fellow old farts I wish you the best.
 

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
Let me know when youre up to it Pete and I'll put kettle on and get some biscuits in.
 

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Location
Hamtun
@PeteXXX nowhere near comparable to close family but loads of us on CC know how you feel. You're among people who get it and the bar is always open. May you thrive in the new environment you're in.

Thank you. I know I'm amongst friends here, some solely online but others I know in the real world. If I wasn't, I'd probably have said nothing 🤗

You are imo doing things the right way ie not rushing or expecting too much.
As I've said before, you are an individual so telling you my experience may be of little to no use.
It appears you have good family and friends, that will certainly help.
As with all fellow old farts I wish you the best.
Knowing you've experienced the same loss makes me realise we're not alone.. đź«‚
Let me know when youre up to it Pete and I'll put kettle on and get some biscuits in.
I'll take you up on that very soon.. 👍
 
Top Bottom