The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
We use white wine for spag bol - oak smoked chardonnay to be exact as prescribed by Blooming Hestenthal in his book, 'In Search of Perfection'. Takes about four days plus you need unicorn horn and hen's teeth* for a simple spag bol using his recipe but it's worth it.

*mebbe a slight exaggeration
For one ingredient, just follow
images-10.jpg

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Crikeyl why do American cake recipes have to be so difficult to understand. I have a recipe that has cups, grams ml and sticks. What the hell is a stick and before some smart ass says anything, yes i know a stick is a boomerang that won't come back. Luckily the great god google came to my rescue.

We have a measuring jug marked in metric, imperial and American units - a small but very useful investment.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
You're supposed to wait until the brewing process is finished, before drinking it.
It was a bit crap.........but what do you expect from a Yorkshire brewery? :tongue:

jongooligan

Legendary Member
I've recently been faffing with my bike set up to be more comfortable on long rides. The last add on, tri bars, left me with nowhere to fix any lights so this afternoon I've cobbled a solution.

20190417_162616[1].jpg

Found a piece of tubing the same diameter as the tri bars, cut it to length and then ground a rough saddle joint to give a snug fit. Drilled the ends to thread a zip tie through and used them to fix the bridge in place. Tidied it up with a bit of electrician's tape and the jobs a good 'un. Not perfect but good enough anyway.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I've recently been faffing with my bike set up to be more comfortable on long rides. The last add on, tri bars, left me with nowhere to fix any lights so this afternoon I've cobbled a solution.

View attachment 462732

Found a piece of tubing the same diameter as the tri bars, cut it to length and then ground a rough saddle joint to give a snug fit. Drilled the ends to thread a zip tie through and used them to fix the bridge in place. Tidied it up with a bit of electrician's tape and the jobs a good 'un. Not perfect but good enough anyway.
My hat is off to you sir. I am absolutely u.s at that sort of thing.
I must be good at something but I'm not sure what.
Ohh hang on, Mrs D has just poured me a whisky.......so I was good at picking a wife . (Not sure if she would reciprocate though)

D

Deleted member 1258

View attachment 462732

Very good, these are very good for mounting lights, if you can find room

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/accessories/topeak-bar-x-tender/

Top Bottom