The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Good idea. :laugh:

Have to put some pictures up ^_^

D

Deleted member 1258

Strange day, up just after five having to clean up the bathroom after my Good Ladies early visit, on my own down the club, chicken and chips for dinner put on by the club and the usual tea, raffle and bingo, I won the last house, eleven quid, back home and bathroom needed cleaning again, plus I've put the washing on, put the washing out and got it dry, just need to do some ironing as we're running out of clean sheets and clothes. Fortunately my Good Lady appear's over the worse of it. But it did feel strange being down the club on my own.I also gave everyone a shock, for the first time for years I'm clean shaven, no wiskers.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Strange day, up just after five having to clean up the bathroom after my Good Ladies early visit, on my own down the club, chicken and chips for dinner put on by the club and the usual tea, raffle and bingo, I won the last house, eleven quid, back home and bathroom needed cleaning again, plus I've put the washing on, put the washing out and got it dry, just need to do some ironing as we're running out of clean sheets and clothes. Fortunately my Good Lady appear's over the worse of it. But it did feel strange being down the club on my own.I also gave everyone a shock, for the first time for years I'm clean shaven, no wiskers.

People were probably suspicious :rofl:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I've recently been faffing with my bike set up to be more comfortable on long rides. The last add on, tri bars, left me with nowhere to fix any lights so this afternoon I've cobbled a solution.

View attachment 462732

Found a piece of tubing the same diameter as the tri bars, cut it to length and then ground a rough saddle joint to give a snug fit. Drilled the ends to thread a zip tie through and used them to fix the bridge in place. Tidied it up with a bit of electrician's tape and the jobs a good 'un. Not perfect but good enough anyway.

Looks very good. I couldn't have thought of this let alone made it!!

You mentioned wanting more comfort on longer rides. Is this the purpose of the tri bars and how do you see them helping?

screenman

Legendary Member
Morning all, off fishing today after my swim, not really into the stuff but my brother who is 23 years older likes my company, I doubt he would go now without me.

Top Bottom