The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I live in hope that the sun will shine on the righteous (me) very soon. :laugh:
You have to finish that quote though.
"The sun shines on the righteous or the devil is looking after his own" ^_^

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Hitching up later and towing back home.
Had a very pleasant 18 days mooching around most of Cornwall.
We're back home for 4 weeks, then off again for 18 days - 4 days cycling in Somerset, then a week in Worcestershire and a week in the Cotswolds.^_^
That takes us into June. I've not booked anything for June/July yet but we're thinking of going inland to avoid the Grockles.:smile:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Or someones nose is growing :laugh:

Shut up. :laugh:

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Morning all.
Stil grey here but warmer; that nithering wind has fallen to a slightly chilly draught.

Wifeless and dogless this morning so the world is my lobster. What to do?

FiL came round earlier to ask if he could walk the dog. He's 93 so they won't get very far but they seem to enjoy each others company. Thing is though, he had his glasses on upside down and when this was pointed out to him he said it didn't matter as he couldn't see well enough through them to tell which way around they were. ^_^ Just told him that they woukld stay on better if he put them the right way round but he walked off without turning them round.

Got to love his independent spirit.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Also , I need a bottle of red wine for the spag bol I am going to cook for tonights tea.

We use white wine for spag bol - oak smoked chardonnay to be exact as prescribed by Blooming Hestenthal in his book, 'In Search of Perfection'. Takes about four days plus you need unicorn horn and hen's teeth* for a simple spag bol using his recipe but it's worth it.

*mebbe a slight exaggeration

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Crikeyl why do American cake recipes have to be so difficult to understand. I have a recipe that has cups, grams ml and sticks. What the hell is a stick and before some smart ass says anything, yes i know a stick is a boomerang that won't come back. Luckily the great god google came to my rescue.

Top Bottom