The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I am moving to Poland so that I can retire 3years ago. Only kidding, I would miss you lot too much.
Come to Devon. :hugs:

Proto

Legendary Member
Sold my small business end of last year. Sold the house this week, moving out mid May. Wife and I, plus dog, moving into our camper van and going on an adventure. Chunnel to Calais and turn right, France, northern Spain and Portugal. When it gets too hot we think we’ll meander to Scandinavia. That’s about as detailed we are going to get, just head off and meander about. Quite like this retirement thing.

Bike rack on the back was empty so had to buy another bike, CAAD12!

Best bit is my wife has also retired but has found herself a job as a moderator/adviser on a commercial forum/message board, 9 hours a week, decent money too. Provided she’s got her MacBook, phone signal or WiFi, she can work anywhere the van takes us!

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Sold my small business end of last year. Sold the house this week, moving out mid May. Wife and I, plus dog, moving into our camper van and going on an adventure. Chunnel to Calais and turn right, France, northern Spain and Portugal. When it gets too hot we think we’ll meander to Scandinavia. That’s about as detailed we are going to get, just head off and meander about. Quite like this retirement thing.

Bike rack on the back was empty so had to buy another bike, CAAD12!

Best bit is my wife has also retired but has found herself a job as a moderator/adviser on a commercial forum/message board, 9 hours a week, decent money too. Provided she’s got her MacBook, phone signal or WiFi, she can work anywhere the van takes us!
Sounds like a plan.
Just make sure there are plenty of beer stops.:okay:

172traindriver

Legendary Member
:hello: Good morning, its stormy Saturday, our friend Hannah saying hello, a dark, damp and breezy morning. I'm not sure what we're doing yet, not a lot I suspect.

Yuk day today :angry::rain:

Top Bottom