The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Afternoon. Back from a 16 mile bimble. Blue skies and sunshine here.

View attachment 466326 View attachment 466327

Nice couple of photos

D

Deleted member 1258

I got back about half two with 68 miles done. The ride out was a bit of an adventure, just outside Coventry, the other side of the Nailcote Hall lights I found a new pothole, steered the front round it but dropped the back in it, instant puncture, I pulled over and put a fresh tube in then found my pump wasn't working. I put the wheel back in and rode back into Coventry on the flat tyre, called in to Jardine Cycles in jardine Crescent, they got some air in it and I brought an inner tube. Decided to trust it and headed for Wellesbourne by the short route, it includes a short bit of the A46 to connect Heath End Lane and Sand Barn, but its mostly a nice ride through the lanes. When I came out the cafe the tube was still holding air nicely so I headed back by the long route, rode through Lighthorne, crossed the Gaydon road then picked up the gated road then turned past St Giles church Chesterton and onto the farm road dodging free range sheep, its not fenced of down there and when the farmer has his sheep there they roam all over the place which makes the ride through there interesting. Anyway, after the early setback it turned into a pleasent bike ride, we just need to lose that cold stiff breeze and will be even better, it was a hard ride. My thanks and a greatfull well done go to Jardine Cycles, Jardine Crescent, Tile Hill for bailing me out and enabling me to finish the ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1258

Sat in the club waiting for the bingo to start enjoying a well earned cider

IMG_20190513_185345.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
I got back about half two with 68 miles done. The ride out was a bit of an adventure, just outside Coventry, the other side of the Nailcote Hall lights I found a new pothole, steered the front round it but dropped the back in it, instant puncture, I pulled over and put a fresh tube in then found my pump wasn't working. I put the wheel back in and rode back into Coventry on the flat tyre, called in to Jardine Cycles in jardine Crescent, they got some air in it and I brought an inner tube. Decided to trust it and headed for Wellesbourne by the short route, it includes a short bit of the A46 to connect Heath End Lane and Sand Barn, but its mostly a nice ride through the lanes. When I came out the cafe the tube was still holding air nicely so I headed back by the long route, rode through Lighthorne, crossed the Gaydon road then picked up the gated road then turned past St Giles church Chesterton and onto the farm road dodging free range sheep, its not fenced of down there and when the farmer has his sheep there they roam all over the place which makes the ride through there interesting. Anyway, after the early setback it turned into a pleasent bike ride, we just need to lose that cold stiff breeze and will be even better, it was a hard ride. My thanks and a greatfull well done go to Jardine Cycles, Jardine Crescent, Tile Hill for bailing me out and enabling me to finish the ride.
Well I could have done 68 miles if I had wanted but I chose to do 11. So there :whistle:

172traindriver

Legendary Member
It still is, they want to build houses on it, there's a major campaign going on to save it.

Does that mean the airfield is also under threat?
Just thinking of the old airfield at Long Marston, on the other side of Stratford, if you know that? Isn't that becoming houses also? That is where the Hells Angels used to have their Bull Dog Bash and also the clubbers used to have their summer rave there

Top Bottom