The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Just over 51/2 mile?
6.5 according to Garmin, which is probably about right as it covers the route of the local 10k plus a little bit to my house.

upload_2019-5-13_8-54-28.png

GM

Legendary Member
Heres a question for us oldies.
Did you in any way struggle (mentally or otherwise) when you packed in work.
I didn't, not one bit. I actually went the other way and chilled too much till I readjusted.
It helped that I repped and surveyed, working from home for the last 20 years till I retired, so didnt miss the normal work environment.
How about you ?

Morning all.... I used to be like @screenman a workaholic. I left it late to retire a couple of months short of 69. No regrets now, although our neighbour is having a lot of work done on his house, I sit in the garden watching them working on a new roof thinking that could be me up there, then I pinch myself and have another sip of my Gin & Tonic.

Anyway out for a ride soon.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Heres a question for us oldies.
Did you in any way struggle (mentally or otherwise) when you packed in work.
I didn't, not one bit. I actually went the other way and chilled too much till I readjusted.
It helped that I repped and surveyed, working from home for the last 20 years till I retired, so didnt miss the normal work environment.
How about you ?
I had no problems at all, but I did plan and start to get ready for retirement about a year before I actually finished so it came as no surprise when I did pack it in.

roadrash

cycle chatterer
@Dave7 Its easy enough to avoid the main roads, I usually head through standish, Wrightington, parbold and mawdesley nice ride in this weather too :sun::bicycle:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Walked the long way round to the village and the docs - about 4 and a bit miles - had my abdominal aortic aneurysm scan. In and out in 5 minutes - all normal - don't come back.
Swift 'alf in the George as we we're a bit thirsty then a walk back.
Lawn mowing this afternoon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom