The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
We now have hail. :eek:

Any better today?

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Most seemed to be OK with it, but there was a minority who weren't. How did it go? Were you doing it for charity.

Always get a few unfortunately but thats life.
There seemed a lot more opposition and sabotage at the 2017 event.
It was a cracking day thanks early start for a 06:30 off. I just entered it didnt do it for charity.
The cobbles in Cov were good fun only one bloke with me when I came to them so just hit them as fast as I could and kept the speed up.
Quite happy with my time and being at the front didnt get into any hold ups, which was a bonus.
There seem to have been a couple of incidents though.
Just heard on Midlands Today a cyclist crashed and died later in hospital. Appeals for witnesses.
I also saw on social media a 72 year old has been arrested in the Rubery area for deliberately driving a car into a marshall. The marshall has allegedly suffered a fracrured hip.

D

Deleted member 1258

It was a cracking day thanks early start for a 06:30 off. I just entered it didnt do it for charity.
The cobbles in Cov were good fun only one bloke with me when I came to them so just hit them as fast as I could and kept the speed up.
Quite happy with my time and being at the front didnt get into any hold ups, which was a bonus.
Just heard on Midlands Today a cyclist crashed and died later in hospital. Appeals for witnesses.
I also saw on social media a 72 year old has been arrested in the Rubery area for deliberately driving a car into a marshall. The marshall has allegedly suffered a fracrured hip.

I hadn't heard about the marshal, but the riders accident was at Atherston, I also heard about an incident in Coventry but can't find any details on that. Glad you had a good day and enjoyed the ride, I've seen some pictures and videos and it looked great.

classic33

Leg End Member
No need whatsoever for that last part. Through the book at him. The hardback version, a few times.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yes.....another fine day. Isnt it nice to get up when its sunny?
Jest enjoying a coffee then......
Off to Currys to return a streaming wifi speaker thingy which I bought (on impulse) cos the guy told me "just plug it in and it will automatically connect to your wifi. You then tell it eg 'google, play the beatles hits"..........well, I found that it will, if I pay a £10 a month subscription :blush:.

Then a 10 mile ride is planned.
Then a BBQ with home made burgers/chicken whatsits/fish fingers and a bottle of plonk.

I feel almost guilty that Im not working.
Thats ALMOST ^_^

Top Bottom