The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
One drag of a fag as a kid. Dropped the thing and nearly set the field alight.

Means I'm not qualified to say anything about anyone else smoking though. Did get told I "should consider cutting it(smoking) down, on the last visit to A&E.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Difficult day for you both then.
Like @Mo1959 and @172traindriver I cant stand smoking** in general and am fortunate that I never got into it. My son (who I am very close to) took up smoking as a teenager and now, well into his 40s he cant/wont? pack it in.
Re those Vapes, I am also with traindriver.
** if I found out that Welshie smoked I would, I would, I would, well I just would :whistle:

An ex smoker. Gave up 7 years ago.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Rained all night here and still is.:rain: My wife was going to go to a boot sale this morning but changed her mind now. Hope it clears up later. By the way, I took the dog for a walk earlier on and had my Tour de France umbrella with me. The wind got hold of it as I was going round a corner and smashed it!:angry: Good thing I have another one in my shed. :smile:

Dave7

Legendary Member
An ex smoker. Gave up 7 years ago.
Thats good to know.
In that case I will re-double my efforts^_^.
One question though. Have you washed your bloomers since you gave up fags. I dont like the idea of bloomers that smell of fags :rolleyes:

Cavalol

Guru
Good God, this lounging about all day business is something else, isn't it? In between chasing awful cars, this came up sort of through the back door on eBay. Couple of false dawns re collection days, but went and got it this morning...

60971073_2056134858015793_7191735867419918336_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.jpg

GM

Legendary Member
Morning all.
Quite pleasant at the moment here in Hanley Castle in the lee of the Malverns, although rain is forecast.
Off to see Mrs D's older sister this morning in Halesowen. She was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer a month ago and is now at home receiving palliative care. She was a lifelong smoker and it finally caught up with her at the age of 72. Will probably be the last time we see her, so it's going to be some difficult goodbyes.
Hey ho - time marches on. :sad:

Best wishes, that's going to be tough.

I fondly remember working in Halesowen back in 1967 fitting out the office block above the shopping centre, great times!.... probably all demolished now.

Top Bottom