The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Just went out to put my car in the garage. It's gone really dark here. I think we are in for quite a storm.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Well it's still dry and warm here. Now I may have mentioned a few of our neighbours and my son are on holiday. Five households in total. So..........

Tomorrow is blue, grey and brown bin day. Not everyone has grey bins. So including our own I have put out

Blue bins X 6
Grey bins X 3
Brown bins X 5 (couldn't find one. Tough!)

Also cut neighbours grass and put up trellis work for two other neighbours.

Mrs P says she will drive me down to my son's house, with my mower, so I can strim and cut his grass.

Would the world go round without retirees?

172traindriver

Legendary Member
That he went to the pub.

Just thirst and where better to get something wet :laugh:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
We are the backbone of civilisation. We have the time, the knowledge, and usually the right tools for the job in hand.:rolleyes:

Very true. Yesterday I was out on my winter bike. Wet and roads are covered in crap. Had a puncture so everyone gathers round muttering about the last one took 12 minutes Paul. How long are you going to be?? Right I thought, I'll show 'em.

Went to slacken off valve retaining nut. Seized up solid. No one could shift it. Someone said take the tyre off and rip the valve out of the tube. Did that. Big mistake. Valve now spins in wheel!!

Looked up saw a bloke in hi viz waistcoat going in to his garage. Thinks to self - he must have a tool for everything. Two minutes later WD40 and pliers had cracked it.

Not that I'm going to hear the end of this one ...........

Top Bottom