The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
IMG_20190619_095658016.jpg

Mmm........duck egg for brekkie. :hungry:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
View attachment 471477

Mmm........duck egg for brekkie. :hungry:
I do like duck eggs. A little bit richer than hens eggs, but quite a bit larger.:hungry:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
We used to keep a couple of ducks. I used the eggs when making cakes but couldn't bring myself to do poached, fried or boiled eggs for some reason.
When you get blue shelled duck eggs, if you are doing fried, poached or scrambled, the albumen has a blue tinge to it until it starts to cook, then it goes white as a hens egg would be, or a white duck egg. They are very tasty.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
We used to keep a couple of ducks. I used the eggs when making cakes but couldn't bring myself to do poached, fried or boiled eggs for some reason.

Its weird, I have never eaten any eggs other than hens eggs.
Not sure if I could bring myself to eat the eggs of a different creature? Its strange, just must be something in my mind. Its a bit like meat, never tried hirse for example or venison and again not sure if I could.
Funny how your mind works

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Its weird, I have never eaten any eggs other than hens eggs.
Not sure if I could bring myself to eat the eggs of a different creature? Its strange, just must be something in my mind. Its a bit like meat, never tried hirse for example or venison and again not sure if I could.
Funny how your mind works

Don't fancy horse or venison either.

Top Bottom