The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Don't fancy horse or venison either.

Venison is delicious, needs to be cooked rare in my opinion.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I wondered if this is an age thing? Weight! I'm finding my weight fluctuates far more than it used to. For example yesterday I was 72.6kg, today 71.2 and after my ride 70.9.

I always weigh myself under similar conditions, i.e when I first get up and after rides (,that's all fluid loss) and I'm aware of things which can cause short term fluctuation. It seems to happen more frequently now.

Any thoughts??

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I wondered if this is an age thing? Weight! I'm finding my weight fluctuates far more than it used to. For example yesterday I was 72.6kg, today 71.2 and after my ride 70.9.

I always weigh myself under similar conditions, i.e when I first get up and after rides (,that's all fluid loss) and I'm aware of things which can cause short term fluctuation. It seems to happen more frequently now.

Any thoughts??
I find that I keep a much closer watch on my weight now than I ever did when younger.
So long as I maintain my fighting weight (13.5 stone) I'm OK. Same weight as I was 30 years ago. ;)

Mo1959

Legendary Member
What’s with all these kgs thingies? Lol. I have to try and convert them back before I have a clue what weight people are.

I seem to be jumping back and forward between 9 stone 1 lb and 8 stone 13lb at the moment. A whole lot better than being around 11 stone this time last year! Think the stress of worrying about my old dad didn’t help. Back in control now though and never want to let it get back up that high again.

Dave7

Legendary Member

Any thoughts??
I havent noticed that problem but I am concerned that my belly has got really big......like a beer belly but I dont drink loads of beer. I do know I drink far to much alcohol in general but probably less than (i guess) 6 pints a week.
I eat well.......lots of fresh fruit, salad and veg.
My Dad had a big gut and didnt drink but loved his puddings......I never eat puddings or cake.

So.........how to get rid is the puzzle

D

Deleted member 1258

No win at the bingo for us today, but we did win a large bag of Malteazers on the raffle. got home and all the washings dry. I also discovered that three in the back of my Suzuki Swift is very cosy, its more of a four seater than a five, even though there are three belts in the back, its also got a transmision tunnel even though its a FWD.

20170118_Suzuki.jpg

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I havent noticed that problem but I am concerned that my belly has got really big......like a beer belly but I dont drink loads of beer. I do know I drink far to much alcohol in general but probably less than (i guess) 6 pints a week.
I eat well.......lots of fresh fruit, salad and veg.
My Dad had a big gut and didnt drink but loved his puddings......I never eat puddings or cake.

So.........how to get rid is the puzzle

Yep the belly is my current concern. I lost 6kg in hospital and have put 4kg back on. Problem is some of this is going on my stomach. Now I'm back on the bike I'm hoping things will improve.

All I know about weight control and healthy diet is it is important to eat the right food to match your lifestyle. Dieting persay isn't the answer - it's a question of giving the body the right fuel for the exercise one does. If the body doesn't get the right fuel it stores everything as fat in case it's needed in the future.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yep the belly is my current concern. I lost 6kg in hospital and have put 4kg back on. Problem is some of this is going on my stomach. Now I'm back on the bike I'm hoping things will improve.

All I know about weight control and healthy diet is it is important to eat the right food to match your lifestyle. Dieting persay isn't the answer - it's a question of giving the body the right fuel for the exercise one does. If the body doesn't get the right fuel it stores everything as fat in case it's needed in the future.
I have been googling it and I think my problem is a build up of "visceral fat" which can be got rid of quite quickly with a change of diet so......
Out will go ALL processed food, most bread and alcohol will be greatly reduced.
In will come more fresh fish, salads, stir fries and pulses etc.
Holiday finishes Saturday and on Tuesday we will be using a gift voucher to a nice French restaurant. Then you will see a new me, even though you never actually saw the old me :laugh:

Top Bottom