The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Mr and Mrs P have bee out to Brodsworth Hall near Doncaster,a very good visit.Look what i found.
IMG_1460.JPG

screenman

Legendary Member
Morning all, woke up to not the sort of weather I have got used to.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
:hello: it's clearly been raining but we now have blue sky, fluffy clouds and little wind.

Mrs P, who rarely gets up before 10.30, is rushing round making a picnic, coffee etc. before leaving to collect a friend who lives 20 minutes away at 7.50. They are going to Edgbaston for the tennis. It's now 7.38!

I have a U3A meeting at 10.00. Today's big decision is can I be arsed to fit in a haircut before the meeting.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all.
Was going for a ride with MrsD this morning, but after yesterday's effort I'm having second thoughts.
She had difficulty getting her head through the door all last night.
We did a 12 miler yesterday and she came back with 1 x bronze, 3 x silver, 1 x PR, 2 x top tens ( 4 & 6) & 1 x QoM on Strava.
Think I'll drive into Barnstaple instead and buy some new chinos..........

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I have a U3A meeting at 10.00. Today's big decision is can I be arsed to fit in a haircut before the meeting.

For the interested among you I couldn't be arsed. Quick 8 miler round trip to feed the cats. Fed neighbour's cat and chickens. Collected in 14 bins!!! :eek:

Next is shower, porridge and U3A.

I shall gently ride in to town later for the "works" at the Turkish barbers and relax.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I would have to be ill to still be in bed at that time!

Me too. Very occasionally I can be found hibernating till 9.00 but it would have to be wet and very little to do.

I like to be up by 7.00. Might take an hour over the paper and porridge.

Mrs P is then quite capable of spending four hours on the couch in the evening. She's not idle, very active in fact, but for fewer hours per day than me.

Top Bottom