The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Mushrooms xx(
I'm having some for tomorrows breakfast with scrambled eggs :hungry:

Cavalol

Guru
Had a pretty go good go at clearing out some of the cycles clogging up my garage, three old racers (inc. a Harry Quinn) made way, which made me discover some other old stuff (mostly cycles parts, but also tools) kicking about.
Then, as ever, the temptress that is eBay came along, and a holiday cycle was purchased...

s-l1600.jpg

..for £2.69! Only a couple of miles away, got it home and gave it a really quick coat of looking at and decided it should be ok. The reason for buying old mountain bikes pre-holiday is that I usually ride them along the shore line (sand type allowing) and often just into the sea itself. It's incredibly pleasant at 6.30am or whatever and very therapeutic, usually no-one about, or the odd dog walker to chat to.

Then, a couple of days ago I stupidly bid early on this and pushed the price up quite a bit, but it was worth it (just over £150, if you're interested) so hoping to take this one as well and do some road/trail work. Quite fancy an early steam train trip, then ride 'home' along the coast roads if possible...

s-l1600.jpg

It's a 56, so a little small for me usually but the frame size seems pretty generous.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Bad news. Hearing test today and I have severe loss in the high pitch range at below 55 decibels.

The audiologist says everything else is well within normal ranges and hearing aids won't make a difference.

So why bad news? Mrs P will have to admit she's wrong and I'm not dead. This will not be popular!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Bad news. Hearing test today and I have severe loss in the high pitch range at below 55 decibels.

The audiologist says everything else is well within normal ranges and hearing aids won't make a difference.

So why bad news? Mrs P will have to admit she's wrong and I'm not dead. This will not be popular!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Eh? :unsure:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I have lost all high frequency in my right ear all due to industrial deafness :sad:

Top Bottom