The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Ah, found a picture of me looking amused when someone shouted at me, "Mister, your wheel is going round!"

View attachment 474868

that was not long after my shoulder op. Bulked the arms back up since then ;)
It is nice to see what people look like :okay:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Went to Avebury and Silbury Hill today.
Been a long time since we were there. Place was full of American tourists.
IMG_20190710_110131327.jpg
IMG_20190710_110243306.jpg

Silbury can only be viewed from a distance now. Last time we were there we climbed to the top of the hill.

IMG_20190710_115828889_HDR.jpg

Silbury is the largest man made hill in Europe. Over half a million tons of chalky soil was moved to create it approximately 4500 years ago.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Went to Avebury and Silbury Hill today.
Been a long time since we were there. Place was full of American tourists.
View attachment 474883 View attachment 474884

Silbury can only be viewed from a distance now. Last time we were there we climbed to the top of the hill.

View attachment 474885

Silbury is the largest man made hill in Europe. Over half a million tons of chalky soil was moved to create it approximately 4500 years ago.
It's about time they tidied that place up a bit, look at all those lumps of rock that could go against health and safety rules in a pubic place.

Drago

Legendary Member
It's about time they tidied that place up a bit, look at all those lumps of rock that could go against health and safety rules in a pubic place.

That reminds me of smug twits from York t'shire who come down south and say stuff like, "are, it's a bit flat, innit?" On my visits to Flatcapshire I always return the factor, "oh dear, its awfully bumpy and untidy looking."

Top Bottom