The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I did a taster session at the London Velodrome the other year, I thoroughly loved it. You realise how fit and skilled the pros are when the freedom of the track session at the end is in full swing.

What an experience this turned out to be. @Paulus is exactly right above. The other aspect is one gets a tiny insight in to how riders are working in a pro track race. Fascinating.

I hit 38mph for a bit.

Haven't ridden a fixed wheel for 52 years when I was 13. My cousin let me have a go on his but "failed" to mention what happens if one stops pedalling. Bastard!

D

Deleted member 1258

I got a bit carried away this afternoon, my ride was supposed to be a short out and back, but on the way back I was riding up to junctions and thinking I'll just go that way, or this way, or that lane is pleasant to ride and ended up putting 51 miles under the wheels. Not a nice day for a cycle ride, warm, windy and spitting with rain at times.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
20190711_212046.jpg

Deer taking an evening stroll past our caravan.
Weather has been really good so far this week and the forecast is looking good for the next 2 weeks. We're off to Wimborne, in Dorset on Sunday for a week and then on to Beaminster, in South Devon, the following week. If the weather holds out, we might nip into Cornwall for a week before going home.
It's nice when the only thing you have to worry about is how high the grass will be when you get home. Maybe I'll hire a gardener. :smile:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Night Jim Bob.....

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good Morning world. :hello: I'm fed up. Sleep has deserted me and I've been back to the bad old days for at least 2-3 weeks now, probably more. Been awake, reading, dozing, etc. since 3.30! :angry::sad:

This morning I'm going to a spin class. A friend is in the process of becoming an RPM instructor. Today she will be making a video of her instructing a class which is then submitted to the examiners to decide whether or not she qualifies. As she can't take a paid for RPM class until she is qualified favours have been called in from cycle club members to come along and be the class. Should be fun.

Top Bottom