The Retirement Thread

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Dirk, 6 Apr 2017.

1. numbnuts

numbnuts Legendary Member

2. Paulus

Paulus Started young, and still going.

Morning all fellow retirees. Another sunny day here in Menaggio. Today we get the ferry back to Como. Others that are going to the wedding will be meeting up later on for drinks and frivolity this afternoon and evening.

classic33, Dave7, numbnuts and 6 others like this.
  3. Drago

Drago Flouncing Nobber

Ying. Another Q day. Once I'm up and clean (ie, splashed in Brut33) its into civilisation I go to house sit for daughter number 3 while the Sky man fits her dish thingy. Smart car not moved in 7 weeks so I'll give it a run.

classic33, Paulus, Dave7 and 8 others like this.
  4. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

Morning all, the garden looks like it had a good drink last night, no I do not mean it looks like it has a hangover.

classic33, Paulus, Dave7 and 6 others like this.
  5. PaulSB

PaulSB Legendary Member

Good Morning world. :hello: I'm fed up. Sleep has deserted me and I've been back to the bad old days for at least 2-3 weeks now, probably more. Been awake, reading, dozing, etc. since 3.30! :angry::sad:

This morning I'm going to a spin class. A friend is in the process of becoming an RPM instructor. Today she will be making a video of her instructing a class which is then submitted to the examiners to decide whether or not she qualifies. As she can't take a paid for RPM class until she is qualified favours have been called in from cycle club members to come along and be the class. Should be fun.

classic33, Paulus, numbnuts and 6 others like this.
  6. GM

GM Legendary Member

Morning all. Early start this morning, Mrs GM is treating me to a surprise weekend somewhere in sunny Wales. Best bit she said I can bring the bike!

classic33, Paulus, Dave7 and 6 others like this.
  7. welsh dragon

welsh dragon a permanent vacancy now exists

Morning folks. Lots of rain last night I see.

Not a lot to report. Grandson went to one of his friends last night as our road was closed for road works. Both his and I will take quite a while to get used to him being mobile now :laugh: :hello:

8. dave r

dave r Dunking Diddy Dave Pedalling Pensioner

Good morning folks, bright and breezy here this morning, we had some serous rain last night, should do the garden good. I'm better than I was yesterday, back and hips quite sore though.

9. OP
    OP
    Dirk

Dirk If 6 Was 9

Morning wheezers. :hello:
    Looks like another nice day ahead in retirement land.^_^

10. Drago

Drago Flouncing Nobber

Now sat in Daughter #3's house, eating her snacks while waiting for the Sky dish man.

Dirk, classic33, Paulus and 2 others like this.
  11. welsh dragon

I am making 2 cakes, a coconut cake and parkin probably. I have no doubt that new upwardly mobile grandson will be here after school. ^_^

12. Drago

Drago Flouncing Nobber

Oh dear. Mrs D has discovered I have a "Warning - it's the missus!" Ringtone on me phone.

Dirk, classic33, Paulus and 4 others like this.
  13. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

I have been a busy boy. Out by 06.30 chasing/catching fish and emptying the pond. It approx 12'x6'x3'6" deep and it was hard work.
    Still about 9" of water left so I need to slit the membrane and let it gradually drain.
    I put a water lilly in years ago and the root system is unbelievable. I will have to get a saw to it and take it apart bit by bit.
    Its going to take days......then it all needs refilling with aggregate stuff.
    No cycling for me for a while :blush:

14. welsh dragon

What have you decided to put in its place Dave?

15. Drago

Drago Flouncing Nobber

Bah. Daughter sent me a txt, "help yourself to food". Hurrah! I ran to the kitchen expectantly to find she's got nob all in.

classic33, Dirk, Paulus and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice