The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I wake renewed but still itching! Tis my birthday (21 again) and I have a pass to do what pleases me. So being the playboy spendthrift that I am a trip to the all you can eat and fit in rubber pockets Chinese buffet followed by beers in the pool.
Only concession to luxury is that I will treat myself to some decent Belgium beers in place of the industrial Kronenberg that usually passes my lips. First cogent thought that sprung to mind this morning was "blimey its my birthday, where did all the time go"?

Happy Birthday

D

Deleted member 1258

:hello: Morning folks, no yoga today, summer hols, but like PaulSB I have house work to do, apart from that I've nowt else on.

Dave7

Legendary Member
See! Someone mentions itching and you think you may have an itch! Us humans have hard wiring. Window blind shops do have all the colours, patterns, finishes and sizes. I would probably have gone to the brico and bought one from a choice of eight, fitted it complete with small gap down either side and then regretted the choice until it faded and yellowed.
You did it the right way I say:okay:
Yes, Mrs D cut the last one to fit. The word dog and hind leg come to mind ^_^

Dave7

Legendary Member
What happened to the nice day I was promised? When I first woke it was pouring down.
Well, the shredder packed in yesterday. Another item that owed me nothing as it cost me 20 quid 15 years ago. I ordered one on line from Argos and they have just emailed to say it is now in my "local" store, ready for collection. Good service that.
Next......Mrs D realised the MOT had run out on her car. Fortunately the local garage can fit it in today.
Then, as my ride is curtailed, I will get my hair cut.
Lastly a shortened ride of maybe 20 miles.
Oh, and somewhere along the line I will put a loaf in to bake.

classic33

Leg End Member
I've had enough of this early waking business. For months after being ill l slept through till 6-7.00am which was ideal for me. The last 4-5 weeks I'm back to the bad old days of waking at 3.30-4.00am.

One idea I have is it has taken my body longer to recover than I realised. The body may simply be returning to what it considers normal for the last 35 years.
Simple solution, don't sleep.

Top Bottom