The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Got back from taking doggie to the vets for her jabs and check up - all OK.
Traffic is building up in the village ahead of the Bank Holiday weekend. The forecast is very good, so I reckon we'll be inundated with Grockles and DFLs. Will have to make sure we get down to the George early tomorrow........

Back from the haberdashery shop. It is very rainy and wet. They should have a TOM chair in the shop . There was another man waiting for his partner/wife with his arms folded across his chest looking decidedly out of place. ^_^

You are lucky you still have a haberdashers, quite hard to come by nowadays. Many years ago we had one in our village but it closed about 20 years ago. Then it was a trip into the town centre market where there were a couple, both now gone replaced by yet more cafes!!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Cycled to the shops, including the Post office, greengrocer, butcher and the chemist for MrsP's prescription. I have now sold something on Ebay this morning. A Campagnolo cable guide. Maybe it was a little too cheap, as I only listed it at 9am today and it was gone at the buy it now price by 9.30. But I got what I wanted for it. I am slowly coming into the 21st century.:rolleyes: The sun is shining and I have a pint of ale that is slaking my thirst.:cheers:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
You are lucky you still have a haberdashers, quite hard to come by nowadays. Many years ago we had one in our village but it closed about 20 years ago. Then it was a trip into the town centre market where there were a couple, both now gone replaced by yet more cafes!![/QUOTE

I know. It's a fantastic shop and they have a lot of.custoners as well.

D

Deleted member 1258

Got back from my bimble and our spider friend was still sat on the ceiling, I made an attempt to evict her with the feather duster, but before I could get her out the door she jumped off and scuttled under the TV. A 55 mile bimble this morning and it wasn't a very nice ride, cool grey and blowing a hoolie, but at least it didn't rain. I was on my own at the cafe, nobody else was out. So a hard slow ride this morning.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
@welsh dragon, Boeing 787 overhead at 38,000 feet. To the south.

:laugh:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
He's got the required items in the van. Just wait for it to turn up.
Nah, nothing that simple.
They gave me a tracking number and I've been waiting in all afternoon, following their tracking site, only to to see it say ' Sorry, there was no one in when we called and we've left a card @ 14.51hrs.
Nobody has been to our place all day!
Three phone calls to their Indian call centre, two of which got cut off after fifteen minutes each, before they admitted that they'd allocated the tracking number, that I thought was for my parcel, to a different parcel going to a totally different customer! FFS!! :wacko:
Angry? Moi? :gun:

Dave7

Legendary Member
They gave me a tracking number and I've been waiting in all afternoon, following their tracking site, only to to see it say ' Sorry, there was no one in when we called and we've left a card @ 14.51hrs.
Three phone calls to their Indian call centre, two of which got cut off after fifteen minutes each, before they admitted that they'd allocated the tracking number, that I thought was for my parcel, to a different parcel going to a totally different customer! FFS!! :wacko:
Can I help you kill them? It is so bl**dy annoying when they lie through thier teeth like that.

classic33

Leg End Member
Who has your parcel now then?

Top Bottom