The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldy

Morning all
Bit of shopping this morning then up to York for the night

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning fellow wrinklies. A good night sleep was enjoyed and I am not as knackered as I was yesterday. Got a 20/25 miler planned with a mate for 10.00.
The cars stay garaged on bank holidays (especially sunny ones), I refuse to sit in traffic queues if I dont really need to. We have a private side garden which gets the sun all day......so you can find me there later, complete with chilled beer^_^
Edit
I am putting bread on to bake.....so beer, fresh bread & butter with cheese.....YUM

D

Deleted member 1258

Morning fellow wrinklies. A good night sleep was enjoyed and I am not as knackered as I was yesterday. Got a 20/25 miler planned with a mate for 10.00.
The cars stay garaged on bank holidays (especially sunny ones), I refuse to sit in traffic queues if I dont really need to. We have a private side garden which gets the sun all day......so you can find me there later, complete with chilled beer^_^
Edit
I am putting bread on to bake.....so beer, fresh bread & butter with cheese.....YUM

We try to stick to short local trips over bank holidays, usually ones using the local lanes. We're over the Earlswood Plant Centre today, taking my Brother in Law and his wife with us.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
......My car will also be staying in the garage. Far too many holiday makers around .^_^
Know the feeling. There's been an awful lot of traffic through the village overnight. The campsites around me are heaving. Unfortunately I've got to drive into Barnstaple this morning. What would normally be a 15 mile round trip ends up at well over 20 miles just to avoid the jams. I hope the Grockles never discover our local rat runs.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Know the feeling. There's been an awful lot of traffic through the village overnight. The campsites around me are heaving. Unfortunately I've got to drive into Barnstaple this morning. What would normally be a 15 mile round trip ends up at well over 20 miles just to avoid the jams. I hope the Grockles never discover our local rat runs.

Cheer up. They will soon all go home. The kids summer holidays are nearly over. Hoorah :wahhey:

D

Deleted member 1258

I've read an article the said the was a 24 mile traffic jam round Bristol yesterday, M4 - M5

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Good morning all. We collected my wife's new car yesterday and driving it back from Chester was a nightmare. The A55 was shockablock all the way due to all of England moving to Wales for the bank holiday weekend. Even using the coast road was bad! Air Show in Rhyl this afternoon, on the bike though as Rhyl will be heaving.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Good morning all. We collected my wife's new car yesterday and driving it back from Chester was a nightmare. The A55 was shockablock all the way due to all of England moving to Wales for the bank holiday weekend. Even using the coast road was bad! Air Show in Rhyl this afternoon, on the bike though as Rhyl will be heaving.

Barmouth is a second home for most of the population of Birmingham. Def a place to be avoided this weekend. They all drive to the beach. Park their bums for 4 or 5 hours. Stuff their faces, then bugger off back home. By 6 PM the town will be empty again.

Mach will probably be heaving as well :eek:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Bank holidays are like lemming season, from the Friday afternoon to the Monday evening it seems like the world and their wives get onto the roads, knowing that there is going to be jams, but seem happy to add to them and get wherever they are going very slowly.
I'm not that fond of weekends at the best of times, but much worse on a Bank Holiday weekend. I might just hibernate and come out on Tuesday! :laugh:

Top Bottom