The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Sat in the Pavilion cafe at Lighthorne with a tea and a teacake, interesting ride down, most of it into what feels like a force nine gale, a road closure, a diversion and a climb I haven't done for years, I don't remember it being that steep. The change in riding position feels good, like I'm part of the bike not perched on top.

172traindriver

Legendary Member

Obviously got a few then ;)

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Sat in the Pavilion cafe at Lighthorne with a tea and a teacake, interesting ride down, most of it into what feels like a force nine gale, a road closure, a diversion and a climb I haven't done for years, I don't remember it being that steep. The change in riding position feels good, like I'm part of the bike not perched on top.

It was blowy first thing Dave. I went out at 06:30 and was riding into a fairly brisk south westerly, very similar to yesterdays ride.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Morning all.
Terrible dreams last night, all revolving around a giant vibrator shaped like a marrow and a big pair of pink bloomers.
There must be a meaning to it :blush:.

For some stupid reason I went to bed late (for me) but still woke early. I feel like cr*p but enjoying a coffee while listening to Tony Blackburn.
Supposed to be riding later but I really dont feel like it......I will see how I am later.

Its the effect Welshie has on you :laugh:

D

Deleted member 1258

It was blowy first thing Dave. I went out at 06:30 and was riding into a fairly brisk south westerly, very similar to yesterdays ride.

It's been a common theme this year, I've lost track of the number of rides I've done with it blowing a hoolie, it's a lot.

Drago

Legendary Member
Mrs D's contract as a TA in the village school ended in July, and a friend sorted her some temp worm at milton keynes Hospital to keep her busy.

Well, shes just landed herself a job as PA to the principal at a large and prestigious secondary school about 6 miles from home. A serious boost in pay for her, on top of her police pension and disability cash, so it looms like shes turned a corner. Her new Volvo XC90 T8 arrives a week tomorrow, and work will be within easy all electric range, so that's another bonus for her. A month or so until my own XC90 arrives.

I've heard nothing about the part time job I applied for so it looms like I'll remain a professional layabouts for a while more.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Well the promised biblical rain arrived, luckily I was in my woodshed stacking split logs. About 50% of my dried out wood logged now so hopefully finish next week.

I shall catch the bus to town for a haircut later #hateDVLA

Then I feel some chainsaw maintenance is desirable.

I've discovered Strictly is back next Saturday. I need to make the most of this evening as 13 weeks of Saturday night misery lies ahead.

Top Bottom