The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Well I recon I've got my balance about right this month, I've ridden 484 miles and driven 405 miles.

Goldy

Biked about 50 miles driven 0 but then I haven't had a licence since 2014 and only just starting riding recently

slow scot

Veteran
There are various ways to spot them. With this one, the standard of english and the spammy link were the obvious signs that would have made me bounce them but as a mod I've also got information to show that the post came from Pakistan which is a fairly common source of spam.

You start to see patterns after a while and it's possible to pick out potential spammers from Russia or India just from the names they choose.
Much obliged for the response. Do they hope to gain in some way once they're accepted as members? I'm not asking for devious reasons, just curious!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Much obliged for the response. Do they hope to gain in some way once they're accepted as members? I'm not asking for devious reasons, just curious!

All they want to do is advertise. They are not Interested in being a member.

As they say, no publicity is bad publicity. They live In hope that they can go under the radar and that their post won't be removed.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
The common factor is that they all want to link you to another site.

It might be that they are trying to promote their own website or that they are getting paid a commision to get somebody elses link onto as many other places round the web as possible. It can be more sinister though - trying to direct you to a site that will load a virus or other undesirable program such as a cryptocurrency miner onto your machine.

Top Bottom