The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Trust no one on the interweb, particularly that dodgy looking Dirk chappie.
And make sure you've got a good firewall.

Here's mine:
Market Drayton Fire.jpg

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Well done, are you any closer to getting you're license sorted?

Sadly not Dave, thanks for asking. My current fear is my consultant, if asked, will have to say he has not seen me since I left hospital. Long story with good reason and no fault of the NHS. My licence was revoked because I had a drain inserted in my head - no other medical reason. The drain was removed before I left hospital therefore after my six month without driving I should get it back automatically but the DVLA don't seem to get that!!

classic33

Leg End Member
Sadly not Dave, thanks for asking. My current fear is my consultant, if asked, will have to say he has not seen me since I left hospital. Long story with good reason and no fault of the NHS. My licence was revoked because I had a drain inserted in my head - no other medical reason. The drain was removed before I left hospital therefore after my six month without driving I should get it back automatically but the DVLA don't seem to get that!!
Tell them to phone the ward you were on to speak to you.

Rules seem to have changed, or the yougov site requires updating
https://www.gov.uk/epilepsy-and-driving

I'd be up to three years, from the previous one year free.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
More positively we went to see Mrs Lowry and Son this evening. It is an outstanding film fairly obviously about the relationship between Lowry and his mother. I would recommend it to you all. Tissues are optional but advised.

Trapped is a word to describe myself over the last seven months. Without a licence I am entirely dependent on others to do most things. It will sound a little daft but I found myself able to empathise very closely with everything Timothy Spall depicted as Lowry. It is a very, very good film........and entirely filmed in Lancashire.

D

Deleted member 1258

These people don't hurry themselves, you're just another name on their list. We've noticed this dealing with doctors and hospitals over the last couple of years.

classic33

Leg End Member
More positively we went to see Mrs Lowry and Son this evening. It is an outstanding film fairly obviously about the relationship between Lowry and his mother. I would recommend it to you all. Tissues are optional but advised.

Trapped is a word to describe myself over the last seven months. Without a licence I am entirely dependent on others to do most things. It will sound a little daft but I found myself able to empathise very closely with everything Timothy Spall depicted as Lowry. It is a very, very good film........[B¤and entirely filmed in Lancashire.[/B]
Even his spell in Whitby?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
These people don't hurry themselves, you're just another name on their list. We've noticed this dealing with doctors and hospitals over the last couple of years.

Yes I understand the sentiment but in the case of the NHS feel the people are not to blame. When we really need the NHS they pull out all the stops. The problem is these days the NHS only haS the funds to deal with the critical stuff. Trying to move myself up the list for an angiogram which is five months overdue is impossible.

classic33

Leg End Member
@PaulSB, would you be bothered if I asked if there was anything that you could do. Local, to me, epilepsy support group will be meeting on Thursday. Can't think of a better place to ask.

The yougov page linked to has a form you can download, fill and return to ask for your liscence back. Shouldn't have to be done, automatic system, but it takes another argument from them.

Top Bottom