The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning all. My sciatica is back, which is a blooming nuisance. I was hoping to have a ride up to Duxford to watch the Battle of Britain air show today. :sad:
As a fellow sufferer you have my sympathy! I have had two bad bouts. Once done my left leg ten years ago then even worse after stupidly doing some heavy lifting, down my right leg two years ago. Both times has left me with numb areas in my legs and feet and still get sciatic twinges. I'm convinced my leg strength has also deteriorated.

Drago

Legendary Member
Ordered a new alternator belt for the Smart. Searching by application I found a QH one for £9. Searched again with the new found QH part number and found one for £4. Very happy. I tells ya, if you like spending as little as possible on motoring and aren't afraid to wield a spanner then the Smart is just in a different league.

A physio sorted my sciatica by manipulating the nerve to a fractionally different position. Took several visits, but was well worth it. Other than the very minor odd twinge he cured it totally.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonjour a tous. Sunny day in North Wales ( forecast rain all day tomorrow) so plan for today:
- small diy job at my stepdaughter's first.
- take Molly for a good run at Angel Bay ( what a nice name and there are seals there as well ).
- bike ride , 25 to 30 miles.
- dinner at my stepson's tonight.
Should be a good day.
My wife is not flying back till next Friday.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
What day is it? :scratch:
Every day feels the same when you're retired, but I do believe it is Saturday. :laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
As a fellow sufferer you have my sympathy! I have had two bad bouts. Once done my left leg ten years ago then even worse after stupidly doing some heavy lifting, down my right leg two years ago. Both times has left me with numb areas in my legs and feet and still get sciatic twinges. I'm convinced my leg strength has also deteriorated.
I mentioned previously that I have a long term back injury. A few years ago I devoped sciatica in my right leg.
I googled "excercises for sciatica" and watched a video which I then copied as best as I could. After a couple of weeks the pain went and hasnt come back (so far:blush:)

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I mentioned previously that I have a long term back injury. A few years ago I devoped sciatica in my right leg.
I googled "excercises for sciatica" and watched a video which I then copied as best as I could. After a couple of weeks the pain went and hasnt come back (so far:blush:)
I am bad for not helping myself more. I try some exercises but don't keep them up regularly. Must try and get into some sort of routine and stick with it for a while. My core strength is poor too which won't be helping.

Top Bottom