The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
06.00 and you lot are still asleep!!!!

Good Morning. Just enjoying my coffee before the 06.30 deadline and then it's off to Royal Preston for a fun day out.

Apparently post procedure recovery includes laying flat on one's back for four hours before being allowed home........... shouldn't be too tough for a pensioner. 😂
Keep us informed.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
Weather looks OK here today.
Going to nip into Barnstaple to pick up a parcel this morning.
I haven't been on a bike since July due to having an excruciating trapped nerve in my neck. It seems to have settled down a lot over the past month, so I'll have a gentle ride down the Tarka Trail and see how we get on. I really hope its OK as I've been really missing not cycling.:sad:
Since July??? Thats not good (or nice) is it. Hope it goes well.
First ride for 12-14 weeks uhmm....take care of the dangly bits :wacko:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am not a happy bunny. I have a £30 fine for driving in a bus lane. Sounds like a case of "well thats your own fault" but in mitigation.......
I was driving down road 'a' and wanted to be on road 'b' which runs parallel.
I turned left into a street I have never been in. 150 yards from the end (on the left) is a multi story car park. I drove past that. Cars were legally coming the other way but I realised my side was buses only...... too late as I was already on that section (which is only 150 yards long).
NB....its not a bus lane, its a short stretch of road which suddenly becomes buses only.

Drago

Legendary Member
You maniac! :laugh:

I'd write back denying that you own or have ever owned that car.

Many many many moons ago I got an indignant letter from BT, accusing me of knocking down a telegraph pole in Oldham. At that time I'd never been to Oldham. They were quoting my registration, but the white transit van they described was actually a black Astra coupe. Furthermore, cctv at work clearly showed my car parked in the car park of a certain police station when the incident happened.

I wrote back to BT, but they would have none of it. I let it go to court, and produced exhibit a) VX02SEY, a black Astra coupe, as far removed as possible from a white transit, and b) a letter from my Supernintendo confirming that both me and VX02SEY were 150 miles away at the time.

The court censured the BT rep, and awarded me £300 compensation for my time and fuel. I also complained to the DVLA that they should not simply release owners details without checking the veracity of the request- had they done so they would have seen that my registration was not a white transit van, and would not have released my details. Alas, I got nowhere - all they care about is the income they make from such requests.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Ok, I'm planning on becoming a script writer. Heres my first effort:

The Santa Pause - Full Development Pitch

Six months of the year Santa (Harvey Keitel) is a drunk living on a park bench in Cleethorpes but every October an elf arrives and taps him with a magic Christmas wand whereupon Santa awakes from his Wincarnis-fuelled dreams, spruces himself up in the public lavvies, gets his sleigh from the scrapper where it's hidden and sets off for the North Pole to set Christmas in motion for all the kiddies in the whole wide world.

This year everything goes wrong when the Elf accidentally taps up absent-minded, nonagenarian local poet Hubert Skinnyman (Bill Nighy). Rock with laughter as Hubert and his great-nephew Skin (Taron Egerton) fly off to Santa's workshop in the Arctic bringing chaos to Christmas preparations while Santa himself wanders around Cleethorpes unknowingly trapped in his summer persona, urinating on Chihuahuas and exposing himself to radical feminists.

It's a race against time! Will Christmas be ruined? Will Santa ever get home? Does anyone give a monkeys?

Lee_M

Guru
Morning all.

Swmbo has taken her 80 yr old dad for a first class train ride to that London, so it's a brew day for me. A nice oatmeal stout ready for Christmas should do it

Dave7

Legendary Member
You maniac! :laugh:

I'd write back denying that you own or have ever owned that car.

Many many many moons ago I got an indignant letter from BT, accusing me of knocking down a telegraph pole in Oldham. At that time I'd never been to Oldham. They were quoting my registration, but the white transit van they described was actually a black Astra coupe. Furthermore, cctv at work clearly showed my car parked in the car park of a certain police station when the incident happened.

I wrote back to BT, but they would have none of it. I let it go to court, and produced exhibit a) VX02SEY, a black Astra coupe, as far removed as possible from a white transit, and b) a letter from my Supernintendo confirming that both me and VX02SEY were 150 miles away at the time.

The court censured the BT rep, and awarded me £300 compensation for my time and fuel. I also complained to the DVLA that they should not simply release owners details without checking the veracity of the request- had they done so they would have seen that my registration was not a white transit van, and would not have released my details. Alas, I got nowhere - all they care about is the income they make from such requests.
Mmmmm. I see a slight problem there. In fact I see a few small problems.
That reg is to my Astra.
I did drive down that section
To my knowledge my reg has not been cloned.
Should I risk it?
How many retired CCrs will come and visit me in prison :wacko:

Top Bottom