The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I just had 3 pints of Sandfords Scrumpy.....7%.
Just as well Mrs D likes driving the CRV! :cheers::wacko:
Never got into scrumpy. Tried it a few times. Maybe I never got a good one.
Is it still that cloudy stuff??

D

Deleted member 1258

Never got into scrumpy. Tried it a few times. Maybe I never got a good one.
Is it still that cloudy stuff??

I'm partial to a pint of cider, there's all sorts of fancy ciders about now, most of it clear. I remember from very many years ago someone coming back from home leave with a large flagon of home brew scrumpy, it was cloudy, had bits in it, and resembled rocket fuel.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have been out and am now back, there is an awful lot of water about as the fields are flooding right across the roads and the dykes are full, much more and it will be serious for many around these parts.
Our side garden is the worst we recall. Nothing serious, just lots of standing water. My son tells me roads are flooded near him, north of Nottingham.

screenman

Legendary Member
It is official I am now in training for our visit down south to Pam's nephew whose wife happens to be Irish, the first mini Guinness has been partaken. Bit of a ritual each year we go down there after a couple of hours boozing Pauline gets the Tia Maria and Baileys out and her and me start knocking them back, something I have learned is she is far better than I am at drinking.

screenman

Legendary Member
Is she a leprechaun?

Blimey, have you met her.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have been out and am now back, there is an awful lot of water about as the fields are flooding right across the roads and the dykes are full, much more and it will be serious for many around these parts.
It is for some down the Valley, houses evacuated already.

Roads two hundred foot above me are "flooded", 4 inches of water on the road and they've managed to get stuck, blocking the roads.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Hasn't stopped raining all day today. Everything is saturated.
Yep. It was tipping it down when I got up just after 6. It was tipping it down when I went out (not on the bike!) just after 9. It was tipping it down when I got back at 12. It was tipping it down just before I dropped off for a snooze began my meditation at 2. It was tipping it down when my eyes opened at 4. It's still tipping it down now and I suspect it still will be when I head out later.
<Performs YouTube search: Building an Ark 101>

classic33

Leg End Member
Yep. It was tipping it down when I got up just after 6. It was tipping it down when I went out (not on the bike!) just after 9. It was tipping it down when I got back at 12. It was tipping it down just before I dropped off for a snooze began my meditation at 2. It was tipping it down when my eyes opened at 4. It's still tipping it down now and I suspect it still will be when I head out later.
<Performs YouTube search: Building an Ark 101>
Remember, Sheffield is said to be the same as Rome.

Top Bottom