The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Mornin' all. ☀️🤫 Don't tell anyone.........

No riding today as I'm meeting an ex work colleague for lunch. It must be 10 years or more since we met. We had good days, terrible days but always a laugh so I'm hoping not much will have changed.

I also have something awful to confess to. I'll be popping in to........I know, I know.......IKEA. 😱

We need drawer and shelf liners. IKEA is £3/roll and B&Q £10 for same product and I'll be within three miles of the place.

I'm going for a world record for in and out of an IKEA store. The online map shows exactly where the product is located......

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Mornin' all. ☀🤫 Don't tell anyone.........

No riding today as I'm meeting an ex work colleague for lunch. It must be 10 years or more since we met. We had good days, terrible days but always a laugh so I'm hoping not much will have changed.

I also have something awful to confess to. I'll be popping in to........I know, I know.......IKEA. 😱

We need drawer and shelf liners. IKEA is £3/roll and B&Q £10 for same product and I'll be within three miles of the place.

I'm going for a world record for in and out of an IKEA store. The online map shows exactly where the product is located......

Bad bad boy. You should be ashamed of yourself :eek: :laugh:

Drago

Legendary Member

Drago

Legendary Member
We have a new lake in the back field, about 1/3 mile long by 200 yards across, we have live with this view for over 20 years and it is the first time it has been there.
I had a house once about a mile from a biggish river. Periodically it would rain cats and dogs, the river would burst its banks, and my house became a riverside property, neatly overlooking the water. Fortunately the house itself was up a good sized bank and had an additional 12 feet or so of altitude.

screenman

Legendary Member
I had a house once about a mile from a biggish river. Periodically it would rain cats and dogs, the river would burst its banks, and my house became a riverside property, neatly overlooking the water. Fortunately the house itself was up a good sized bank and had an additional 12 feet or so of altitude.

My driveway is 35 foot above sea level and the house a couple higher than that, mind you we are 20 miles from the sea so hopefully save. Now the surrounding fenlands and low level roads are not so good.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
My driveway is 35 foot above sea level and the house a couple higher than that, mind you we are 20 miles from the sea so hopefully save. Now the surrounding fenlands and low level roads are not so good.
I'm 40 feet above sea level at home, and have a mile of dunes between our place and the surf. We should be okay unless we have a tsunami. :ohmy:

Weather looks good today on Dartmoor. Off out for a walk up Haytor and Saddle Tor this morning, then Fish & Chips at the Union Inn at Moretonhamstead.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Mornin' all. ☀🤫 Don't tell anyone.........

It doesn't matter where the item is......you can't escape untill you have walked through every department in the whole store:wacko:
There are some hidden shortcuts but you have to know where they are........sadly we didn't:sad:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all. Blue sky and sunshine here. I got up at 0800 and there was no sign of frost.
We are going to the Next store this morning. We both agree, most of there stuff is naff but we have voucher that must be used by December. We have been several times over the year but haven't seen anything we like.
@PaulSB its near Ikea so if you see a grumpy old git with a miserable face it will be me:sad:

Top Bottom