The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Mornin' all. ☀️🤫 Don't tell anyone.........

No riding today as I'm meeting an ex work colleague for lunch. It must be 10 years or more since we met. We had good days, terrible days but always a laugh so I'm hoping not much will have changed.

I also have something awful to confess to. I'll be popping in to........I know, I know.......IKEA. 😱

We need drawer and shelf liners. IKEA is £3/roll and B&Q £10 for same product and I'll be within three miles of the place.

I'm going for a world record for in and out of an IKEA store. The online map shows exactly where the product is located......
You've still to pay for what you're getting, meaning the checkout has to be used. Do Ikea sell lottery tickets.

Drago

Legendary Member
I think the world record for transiting an IKEA is 21 days, 13 hours and 11 minutes.

classic33

Leg End Member
I think the world record for transiting an IKEA is 21 days, 13 hours and 11 minutes.
Managed it, in my only visit to date, in under five minutes.

That included finding, paying for, cash not card, and getting back outside the building. Buying for someone else who couldn't get there.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Managed it, in my only visit to date, in under five minutes.

That included finding, paying for, cash not card, and getting back outside the building. Buying for someone else who couldn't get there.
And then you woke up.
Trust me, at our Ikea, to walk in, go up the escalator, find what you want, then walk through every department in the whole store (which you have to do), queue up (with thier rediculously slow system) and pay.......5 minutes is just not possible.

classic33

Leg End Member
And then you woke up.
Trust me, at our Ikea, to walk in, go up the escalator, find what you want, then walk through every department in the whole store (which you have to do), queue up (with thier rediculously slow system) and pay.......5 minutes is just not possible.
The one I went to was all on one floor, no escalators involved or harmed.

And upon getting out, I got on my bike for the ride home.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Nice up here on Haytor this morning. :okay:

Top Bottom