The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Late on parade today. I was up early but can't get going.
Dark clouds early on but brighter now though its very windy out there.
No plans for today though my back seems to be improving so I hope to restart my life soon^_^. It seems so long since I did any exercise.
Onwards and upwards.

D

Deleted member 1258

Sat in Bake 180 at Middleton Hall with a coffee and a teacake, the lanes are a bit claggy this morning, and I've ridden through a few flooded sections, fortunately no deep ones.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Was hoping to get out for a few miles before the next front (not 'Y', before anyone chimes in!) blows across. It was not to be. Bathroom cistern finally gave up the ghost on the short flush, so had no option but to start stripping it down ... with YouTube's help of course.
Turns out one tiny lug has snapped, so the whole valve's gotta be replaced 🤬
None of the local plumber's merchants have one in stock (naturally!) so have ordered one which should hopefully be here tomorrow.

If you ever have your bathroom done, do not let them convince you a hidden cistern would look nice. It does, but you have to be a contortionist to get to the innards. Oh, and you scaff your hands to bits trying to perform keyhole surgery!🚽

classic33

Leg End Member
I've decided we have a master race of super intelligent spiders living in the garden............. natural selection. The stupid ones come in to my house and get hoovered up.

If you can't ride then hoover!![/B]
Like this?
9Gapq5xI8eS3JUQxXbWbmGnwBsTz60rOlCvcEyBClRXp_Pxg&s.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
Was hoping to get out for a few miles before the next front (not 'Y', before anyone chimes in!) blows across. It was not to be. Bathroom cistern finally gave up the ghost on the short flush, so had no option but to start stripping it down ... with YouTube's help of course.
Turns out one tiny lug has snapped, so the whole valve's gotta be replaced 🤬
None of the local plumber's merchants have one in stock (naturally!) so have ordered one which should hopefully be here tomorrow.

If you ever have your bathroom done, do not let them convince you a hidden cistern would look nice. It does, but you have to be a contortionist to get to the innards. Oh, and you scaff your hands to bits trying to perform keyhole surgery!🚽
I agree 100% with that. We had both WCs done up and built in cisterns put in. BIG mistake. Any problems now and I have to get someone in. The actual plummer couldnt fix it......he said he had no idea how to:wacko:. In the end my Mr Fixit took it apart as he loves finding how things work.

D

Deleted member 1258

I've been out to Middleton Hall this morning, got 56 miles in, some of the smaller lanes are a bit claggy, I've had to ride through some minor flooded sections and when I got to the Barston ford I got off and walked the footbridge, it looked spectacular but it wasn't deep but I didn't fancy wet feet. It turned out to be a good cycling morning, bright, sunny, a bit chilly and a bit breezy, I've had a good morning out on my bike.

Top Bottom