The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Thats a different issue, but PIP is chuffing g hard to mis claim.

My wife is wheelchair bound and has weak hands, yet I had to take the DWP to court to get her PIP. That's how difficult it is to get it, so this idea that people everywhere are tearing the arse out of it is utterly disingenuous.

I'm sorry Mr Lad, but that is a disgraceful attitude in this day and age. That's the type of attitude that prevailed in 1930s germany. I bet you're one of those people that sticks their nose in when people use disabled parking bays because they don't look disabled enough for you. That has happened to me with Mrs D and I've had enough. Next time it happens I'm going to front them right down and make them squirm.

I'm so incensed, so utterly disgusted, that for the first time ever I've now 'ignored'a user of this forum.

IF you read all of my original post, I did mention that some people (or, at least one person) appeared to be denied what they needed. The system is defective. I actually "work" as a volunteer to in this area. Feel free to Ignore me. ;)

Drago

Legendary Member
I fear you missed the point. She TOLD me that she exagerated the problem and got one on the basis she couldnt walk far. She then uses the car to deliver chinese meals and proved she CAN walk very well by doing the blackpool mile.
The aunty was asked to walk a length of the corridor and turned down.......but she cant walk on pavements unless supported (unless pavements are perfectly smooth).
We realise that badges etc are awarded for other things than walking problems ut the cases mentioned highlight how unequal the system can be.
Im still curious as to why someone should not use a Motability car to earn a living - they're explicitly entitled to do so. They put business and commuting cover on the insurance for free for that very reason. The disabled are as entitled to earn their living as anyone else.

As for the rest of it, that's fluff, albeit you present it in a more reasoned manner than somone I shan't name. She should be grassed and dealth with, but the premise that by extension Motability users are on some kind of gravy train requires challenge.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Im still curious as to why someone should not use a Motability car to earn a living - they're explicitly entitled to do so. They put business and commuting cover on the insurance for free for that very reason. The disabled are as entitled to earn their living as anyone else.

As for the rest of it, that's fluff, albeit you present it in a more reasoned manner than somone I shan't name. She should be grassed and dealth with, but the premise that by extension Motability users are on some kind of gravy train requires challenge.
Right.....one last point then I will rest from this issue as friends ^_^.
I never, for one moment, suggested that motability users are on any kind of gravy train.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Late lunch for us will be veggie sausage**
With chips, some cabbage/carrot mix with mushroom n onion gravy. Plus bread n butter of course......must have a chip butty to dunk ^_^
**not a big fan of veggie sausage although I do like the Cauldron ones. These are new to us, recommended by someone.

Pork and something for us today

Top Bottom