The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I have risen!

Late checking in. Took Lemmy for his normal early walk and both he and I were attacked by a other dog which was not on its lead. I took a couple of kicks at it and managed to land a size 10 in its face and it helped and backed off. If it hadnt I'd have tried stamping on it. Stupid a***hole owner just grabbed his dog and walked off without so much as an apology.

I've got paw prints and dog slobber over my thighs, which have photographed to corroborate my version of events. I've reported it to Poshshire plod on their website as a dog dangerously out of control in a public place causing fear of injury, but I dont know the bloke and we were I. the back end of nowhere so theres little prospect of him getting his collar felt.

Done my nacked shoulder no good at all yanking a 75lb labrador off the grpund to protect him, so I'm sore and seething.

D

Deleted member 1258

Hitching up and towing back home in a couple of hours time if we get a decent window in the weather.
Forecasting 40+mph winds near home........so it should be 'interesting' over the Taw bridge in Barnstaple.
We've had pretty decent 9 days o Dartmoor, considering the weather. Been able to get out for a walk every day, as the wild and woolly weather has generally been overnight.

Best of luck to your Good Lady @dave r . :hugs:

Thank you

Dave7

Legendary Member
We've been down the club tonight, and I won a tenner on the bingo, a good end to a good day. Tomorrow might not be so good, my Good Lady has her blue badge assessment in the morning, no yoga for me tomorrow, but we may be able to get her closer to places in the future.
Yes, I hope things go your way.....all the best with that.
As Paul suggests, it all depends on who assesses your good lady.
I know soneone that convinced them she couldnt walk so got a badge AND a car. She used the car to deliver for a chinese takeaway and boasted to us the had just been to Blackpool and walked the mile long seafront.
On the other hand my wifes aunty is 94 and weighs less than 5 1/2 stone. She cannot leave her apartment without my wife supporting her. She cant get a badge as they say she can walk across the room :wacko:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have risen!

Late checking in. Took Lemmy for his normal early walk and both he and I were attacked by a other dog which was not on its lead. I took a couple of kicks at it and managed to land a size 10 in its face and it helped and backed off. If it hadnt I'd have tried stamping on it. Stupid a***hole owner just grabbed his dog and walked off without so much as an apology.

I've got paw prints and dog slobber over my thighs, which have photographed to corroborate my version of events. I've reported it to Poshshire plod on their website as a dog dangerously out of control in a public place causing fear of injury, but I dont know the bloke and we were I. the back end of nowhere so theres little prospect of him getting his collar felt.

Done my nacked shoulder no good at all yanking a 75lb labrador off the grpund to protect him, so I'm sore and seething.
Stupid b*stard. (Him not you).

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning all, nice and sunny here at the moment, but rain forecast for later. The shed roof is letting some rain through so some repair/bodge needs to be undertaken.
My flat roofed garage roof is getting ropy too. Had it re-felted around 5 years ago but it is looking a bit damp again so have asked a local firm to supply and fit the steel profile sheeting on top before it gets any worse. They are up to their eyes with work so hoping they can fit it in before we get much more rain as I don't fancy having to replace some of the wood too if it gets too damp.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Hope your friend receives good news ;)

Some years ago, there were three of us who met up once per week, in the pub, to "put the world to rights".

Sadly, one became ill. I was useless at the "talking about the illness" stuff, and concentrated on trying to keep it light and encouraging making the best of the time he had left. My other pal, thankfully, was good at listening and sympathising. I like to think that, between us, we improved things. ;)

I understand this. Until my heart attack four years ago I was hopeless. During my illness this year I became very depressed, fortunately a friend pulled me out of it.

Since the heart issue I've become evangelical about men's health as many will not discuss it. I've been very open about my mental state earlier this year and feel ready to discuss any issue anyone might want to talk about.

My friend though has huge difficulty with opening up so it was better we talked no sense about allotments, compost heaps and water butts!!! 😄😄

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
An exciting start to the day, The bedclothes are in the wash as the sun is out and there is a good breeze to aid drying. MrsP just used the last loo roll, and we are out of toothpaste. Guess I will be going up the High Road for some supplies later. All rock and roll in this household:hyper:

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Which reminds me. We normally get the 12 pack loo rolls as and when they are on offer. Last week Mrs D noticed they were on offer again. Apparently it was a particularly good offer so she put 2 packs in the trolley.
Then she felt embarrassed** so put one back on the shelf. ** like 'ooh look at us, we use the toilet' :wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member
Which reminds me. We normally get the 12 pack loo rolls as and when they are on offer. Last week Mrs D noticed they were on offer again. Apparently it was a particularly good offer so she put 2 packs in the trolley.
Then she felt embarrassed** so put one back on the shelf. ** like 'ooh look at us, we use the toilet' :wacko:
Second pack could have been "for a craft project".

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.

Mr WD always makes a point of trying to embarrass me in the supermarket by saying "are you sure this JUMBO pack of toilet rolls is going to be enough for you?"

Top Bottom