The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
:hello: the rain is hammering down and there's a small gale blowing outside. I'm on my second coffee and would rather be asleep.

This morning isn't good. I'm taking a friend for a bone marrow biopsy. Not quite sure how the chat will go but I'm planning to keep it normal. You hope for good news even though it's very unlikely.

Collecting the cycle club trophies later today. A relief as the engraver has been impossible to get hold of till yesterday afternoon. Awards Night on Friday. A sell out this year compared with last year's dismal effort which was virtually a committee meeting with food.:laugh:
Also raining here and has been for most of the night. Supposed to go off lunchtime. We shall see.

Hope your friend copes with the procedure ok and praying for good news.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Thank you @Mo1959. He has a fear of hospitals and needles! I'm going as he finds it easier to cope if his wife isn't there. Something I 100% understand though when I was ill my need to go alone was because I craved the independence this gave me.

As for the overall outcome we are all hoping but know the prospects are not good.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
:hello: the rain is hammering down and there's a small gale blowing outside. I'm on my second coffee and would rather be asleep.

This morning isn't good. I'm taking a friend for a bone marrow biopsy. Not quite sure how the chat will go but I'm planning to keep it normal. You hope for good news even though it's very unlikely.

Collecting the cycle club trophies later today. A relief as the engraver has been impossible to get hold of till yesterday afternoon. Awards Night on Friday. A sell out this year compared with last year's dismal effort which was virtually a committee meeting with food.:laugh:

Fingers crossed for your friend from me as well.:okay:

D

Deleted member 1258

Good luck with that. My lad used to have a blue badge but it was taken away. Somewhere I answered the application form questions in a way that meant he was no longer eligible. After 22 years with a blue badge and a genetic condition that will never change it was decided he no longer qualifies. Bastards.

Interested to read your Good Lady is being assessed. I don't mean to be inappropriate but does this mean she has to go along and demonstrate the difficulties she faces?
Yes, I'm not sure whats involved but I've got to take her down to Opus House on a nearby industrial estate for them to have a look at how she walks.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Thank you

Good luck from me as well. :hugs:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

Hope your friend receives good news ;)

Some years ago, there were three of us who met up once per week, in the pub, to "put the world to rights".

Sadly, one became ill. I was useless at the "talking about the illness" stuff, and concentrated on trying to keep it light and encouraging making the best of the time he had left. My other pal, thankfully, was good at listening and sympathising. I like to think that, between us, we improved things. ;)

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Hitching up and towing back home in a couple of hours time if we get a decent window in the weather.
Forecasting 40+mph winds near home........so it should be 'interesting' over the Taw bridge in Barnstaple.
We've had pretty decent 9 days o Dartmoor, considering the weather. Been able to get out for a walk every day, as the wild and woolly weather has generally been overnight.

Best of luck to your Good Lady @dave r . :hugs:

Top Bottom