The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Nothing that I've spotted but it's not something I generally go looking for.

I've found signing up for the weekly email gets some decent recommendations and Netflix doesn't flood my Inbox.

I get suggestions from friends as well. I add all of this to "My List" which generates more suggestions. Works quite well for me.
A few people (friends and family) have suggested we join/get Netflix but we watch so little tv I can't see the point for us.
I know that, over christmas I will wish we had it but apart from then.....

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
WoWzaaaa....that was a good sleep. Woke up at 08.50, nice one.
Very grey here but not raining (yet).
Golf on TV is from South Africa. The course adjoins a big nature reserve and they take time to show you some of the interesting wildlife and flora....very interesting. 2 years ago, on this course, a group plus camera personnel were around the green when a huge Baboon came charging through, very scary.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Just cropped the last of my red hot Chillis from the little £2.99 plant I bought from LIDL at the start of the year. Pruned the plant whilst I was at it.
63 fruits today, making over 200 for the year off this one plant!
They're in the oven now drying out, then I'll grind them up to flakes.
These have to be the hottest I've ever grown - just washed my hands twice, then licked my finger and nearly blew my head off! :eek:

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Ah. Knew there was a reason for going to the LBS. I lost my rear light yesterday.

I could do with help on this. I'm short so only enough saddle stem to attach my pack. I always hang my light on the little loop on the bag. I don't like attaching it to the seat stays as this is very low.

This is the second quality light I've lost. I need to take it off after every ride to recharge.

Any suggestions for securing which is easily attached/unattached? I know zip ties work but it's a real faff
How about a saddle rail mounted light?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Just cropped the last of my red hot Chillis from the little £2.99 plant I bought from LIDL at the start of the year. Pruned the plant whilst I was at it.
63 fruits today, making over 200 for the year off this one plant!
They're in the oven now drying out, then I'll grind them up to flakes.
These have to be the hottest I've ever grown - just washed my hands twice, then licked my finger and nearly blew my head off! :eek:

You know what the answer is don't you? Don't lick your fingers and make sure you wear rubber gloves when you go to the loo.:laugh:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
And don't lick your fingers after going to the loo!

Def not that. :laugh::laugh:

D

Deleted member 1258

No cycling for me today, instead I drove over to Dobbies at Mancetter for lunch and some retail therapy, my Good Lady treated us to lunch, I treated us yesterday, interesting drive over, raining, debris on the road and some minor flooded sections. Now having tea and cake in front of the fire.

Top Bottom