The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
They do have quotas but individuals choose which catagory they want to be in
EG......
Bog standard publishers aims for 10 hours per month.
Pioneer.... 60 hours per month
Regular pioneer....90 hours per month
They can meet these hours by door knocking, informal/casual witnessing etc.
Mauve suits, I believe, are not mandatory^_^
They were not the nicest people I've ever met. All polite and outwardly decent, but extremely judgemental and cliqueish.
They generally despise anyone who is 'worldly' and not a JW.

Dave7

Legendary Member
They were not the nicest people I've ever met. All polite and outwardly decent, but extremely judgemental and cliqueish.
They generally despise anyone who is 'worldly' and not a JW.
Partly correct.
"Not the nicest". There are some lovely JWs and there are some right sh*ts... same as in most areas of life.
"despise anyone who is worldly". No. They are brought up/educated to believe that only they have the true religion.
"Cliqueish'.....they are strongly discouraged from assosciating with non JWs as they are "bad assosciation". Children are discouraged from having non JW friends. Therefor they normally only have JWs as friends.

Drago

Legendary Member
A while ago a very attractive lady Jehovah knocked on my door. I spent half an hour chatting her up and persuading her to come into my gingerbread house, and they've never been back since.

I briefly went out with a Mormon lady. She almost ate me alive.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Partly correct.
"Not the nicest". There are some lovely JWs and there are some right sh*ts... same as in most areas of life.
"despise anyone who is worldly". No. They are brought up/educated to believe that only they have the true religion.
"Cliqueish'.....they are strongly discouraged from assosciating with non JWs as they are "bad assosciation". Children are discouraged from having non JW friends. Therefor they normally only have JWs as friends.
I can only speak as I find.
Of the half dozen or so JWs I worked with over the years, they all fitted the description I gave.
Maybe they we're all outliers, and I was unfortunate that they were all exceedingly judgemental and belittling of anyone non religious or of other religions; or just maybe these are qualities that are fostered by this cult.
I'm leaning towards the latter.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I can only speak as I find.
Of the half dozen or so JWs I worked with over the years, they all fitted the description I gave.
Maybe they we're all outliers, and I was unfortunate that they were all exceedingly judgemental and belittling of anyone non religious or of other religions; or just maybe these are qualities that are fostered by this cult.
I'm leaning towards the latter.
Yes...... compared to the average 'Joe' they probably do seem/are judgemental because, as I say, its drummed into them that anyone who is not a JW is wrong and bad assosciation.
Dont get me wrong..... I absolutely hate that organisation but some of the individuals are nice people.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Same could be said of the Nazis.
Doesn't alter the fact that they are prepared to buy into the ideology. ;)
Absolutely. Cant agree more with some of what you say**.
Same can be said about other religions.
**JW kids are brought up to absolutely believe/KNOW they have the only true religion. Same as devout Muslims etc. Those kids face one hell of a fight if they decide later on that its not for them. So, they didnt "buy into it", they dont know anything else.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Absolutely. Cant agree more with some of what you say**.
Same can be said about other religions.
**JW kids are brought up to absolutely believe/KNOW they have the only true religion. Same as devout Muslims etc. Those kids face one hell of a fight if they decide later on that its not for them. So, they didnt "buy into it", they dont know anything else.
I should have qualified that my comment was aimed at the ones I worked with, all of whom came to the cult later in life.
Indoctrination at an early age should be considered a form of child abuse.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I should have qualified that my comment was aimed at the ones I worked with, all of whom came to the cult later in life.
Indoctrination at an early age should be considered a form of child abuse.
Agree with that to some extent**.
Would love to carry this on but fear the MODS will move it (please MODS not yet^_^)
**a point though. Think of a lad that was brought up KNOWING it was the truth.....knowing nothing else. He falls in love with a girl from exactly the same background. They marry and have kids. It perpetuates. You have to have sympathy of some sort for them. Both parents KNOWING its the truth but all the while its a lie:sad:.

Last edited:
Top Bottom