The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
And......... you should now be qualfied to answer.......
Is there a god?
If so, what is his/her purpose?
God is God and He works all things, including your life, according to his purposes."

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I wouldn't mind spending a month or 2 somewhere warm....and of course it has to be somewhere where there isn't any rain either.👍

You could pop over to Lancashire tomorrow.........:becool:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I have never tried roasting it but am going to have a go this week......maybe Thursday as golf is still out for me.

Google Delia Smith.

Basically whack it in the oven at gas mark 9 for 20 minutes, reduce to mark 5 and roast at 15 minutes per pound for rare. Extend cooking time by 15 and 30 minutes, respectively, for medium rare and well done. Leave to relax for 15 minutes after cooking.

Personally I would always go for rare and if it's any bigger than 2lbs keep a careful eye on it to avoid overcooking. Stick a sharp knife or skewer in quite deeply, if the juices run freely it's cooked.

If it's a large joint it doesn't matter if the middle is undercooked as the chances are that will be used up as leftovers the next day.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Google Delia Smith.

Basically whack it in the oven at gas mark 9 for 20 minutes, reduce to mark 5 and roast at 15 minutes per pound for rare. Extend cooking time by 15 and 30 minutes, respectively, for medium rare and well done. Leave to relax for 15 minutes after cooking.

Personally I would always go for rare and if it's any bigger than 2lbs keep a careful eye on it to avoid overcooking. Stick a sharp knife or skewer in quite deeply, if the juices run freely it's cooked.

If it's a large joint it doesn't matter if the middle is undercooked as the chances are that will be used up as leftovers the next day.
Yes, sounds simple and yet even though Mrs D is a good cook beef just doesn't work for her.
Strange that you put it on high then turn it down......most foods are low then high at the end.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
There is no way to prove or disprove, if jesus Christ himself came down to earth today there would stil a lot of people say he is not the Messiah......just a naughty boy.:laugh:
Exactly.
If a claim is unfalsifiable, then it's not worthy of any serious consideration.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Pascal's Wager is one of the most debunked reasons to believe. ;)
A Jehovah's Witness I used to work with tried that one on me, years ago, and failed miserably. He stopped using that argument on anyone else afterwards. :laugh:
TBF that Pascall guy made some good points.
But......the guy you worked with couldn't have been a true, dedicated Jehovahs Witness or he wouldn't have used that reasoning. Reason being a Jehovahs Witness absolutely knows they are right**, that they have the only true religion ergo all other religions are false. They dont for one moment believe in hedging thier bets.
**similar to other extreme religions that absolutely know they have the true religion.
End of my sermon ^_^

Top Bottom