The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all, cool and cloudy but na rain forecast for today. MrsP and a couple of her friends are off to Lanzarote for a week. They are already fed up with the weather here so want a bit of late sun/warmth. I am on taxi service to Luton airport this morning. No bike riding today.
Does it cost to drop them off at Luton ??
£4.00 at Manchester, just to pull up and let the passenger out.....AND you only get (i think) 3 minutes.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Hello peeps.
Dull and cloudy here with rain forcast by 1100.
I got up (for a pee) at 07.30 then decided I may as well stay up:wacko:.
Coffee has been consumed. Place tidied up (got the right today.....I think).
Breckie will be mixed fresh fruit with yogurt.
Late lunch will be a chicken roast..... I do like roast potatoes^_^
Funny thing. Mrs D is a really good cook but cannot get roast beef right. Her mum always got it tender as did my mum. As Mrs D says, she gets it right if you want to sole your shoes with it.
I have never tried roasting it but am going to have a go this week......maybe Thursday as golf is still out for me.
So, another enforced chill day for me:sad:.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Wonder if you still get as many OAP,s jetting off to warmer climes for the winter months. Used to be all the rage. Does sound tempting :cold:
What we found a few years back was the amount of ladies of a certain age flying out for not only a holiday in Spain, but cosmetic surgery. They would spend a few weeks out there, plus the surgery. You could see them with all the extra large sunglasses on where they had the saggy stuff around the eyes done. Two birds, one stone.

Dave7

Legendary Member
What?! £4 just to drop off?! That's taking the Michael to a whole new level!
A buddy is dropping me off at Mcr in Feb, so I'm grateful for that forewarning.
And go over the alloted time and the price jumps.
AND if he is picking you up be very careful as they arr NOT allowed pick up at the same place.......they must wait in a nearby multi story and you (and your case) have to walk to it.......10 minutes outside:eek:

aferris2

Guru
I wouldn't mind spending a month or 2 somewhere warm....and of course it has to be somewhere where there isn't any rain either.👍
Here should suit you.

Only need to worry about Thursday. 2% chance of rain.

Top Bottom