The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Prove it. :rolleyes:
Can you disprove it?

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
And go over the alloted time and the price jumps.
AND if he is picking you up be very careful as they arr NOT allowed pick up at the same place.......they must wait in a nearby multi story and you (and your case) have to walk to it.......10 minutes outside:eek:
When I picked my wife up from Australia last September, it cost me £18 parking charge, bloody rip off but they know you have no choice.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Glad I let Molly have a good run on the beach this morning cos it is too wet now. Had to cancel my bike ride because of the drizzle so hopefully will go tomorrow as the foster person is coming at 10 am so should be good after that.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
TBF that Pascall guy made some good points.
But......the guy you worked with couldn't have been a true, dedicated Jehovahs Witness or he wouldn't have used that reasoning. Reason being a Jehovahs Witness absolutely knows they are right**, that they have the only true religion ergo all other religions are false. They dont for one moment believe in hedging thier bets.
**similar to other extreme religions that absolutely know they have the true religion.
End of my sermon ^_^
Ah.....the good old ' No True Scotsman' fallacy. :laugh:
Can you disprove it?
Don't need to.
The burden of proof is on those making the positive claim. ;)

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
A jehovahs witness that worked for the same company as me gave up work because he said it was taking up too much of his time. He needed to bang on more peoples doors as he wasnt meeting his quota. He was a very very strange young man. Wore a crimpline suit that was a mauve colour.:laugh:
I was amazed at the amount of time the JWs we're expected to spend 'pioneering'.
One of the guys I worked with was putting in 90 hours a month, on top of his day job.
What a sad way to spend your time. :blink:

Dave7

Legendary Member
A jehovahs witness that worked for the same company as me gave up work because he said it was taking up too much of his time. He needed to bang on more peoples doors as he wasnt meeting his quota. He was a very very strange young man. Wore a crimpline suit that was a mauve colour.:laugh:
They do have quotas but individuals choose which catagory they want to be in
EG......
Bog standard publishers aims for 10 hours per month.
Pioneer.... 60 hours per month
Regular pioneer....90 hours per month
They can meet these hours by door knocking, informal/casual witnessing etc.
Mauve suits, I believe, are not mandatory^_^

Top Bottom